“a haven of peace, kindness and high professionalism” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amazing Ngapali Resort

Amazing Ngapali Resort
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Ngapali
Paris, France
“a haven of peace, kindness and high professionalism”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

We needed a quiet place to relax and digest all the impressions experienced during a busy tour across the country. That's why we chose to intern a few days to Ngapali. The choice of the hotel Amazing has been excellent in more ways than one: an ideal location near the village, away from other hotels, a warm served by staff both friendly and efficient, rooms and pavilions comfortable that all overlook the sea, at least in part, fine cuisine that does not forget the kitchen myanmar, a garden that is the focus of his gardeners and enjoyment of guests. All served by such kindness that professionalism. A place to recommend, without reservation.

Room Tip: all villas located in the forefront of sea have a perfect view of the sea. To the villas on the back...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Guycha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

The Amazing Ngapali Resort is an excellent hotel. The rooms are clean, the staff is extremely friendly (Myanmar hospitality is in general rather amazing) and the food is very good. You should definitely try the BBQ grilled red snapper! The first two days we stayed in a standard room with sea view, which was very cosy and had a nice bathroom with a large shower and bath tub. All the rooms have a balcony as well where you can enjoy the view and sunsets on your own (very private feeling). The last two days we stayed in the Amazing suite, which was truly amazing. A jacuzzi with sea view on the first floor, a huge bedroom and on the ground flour a kitchenette and large salon. The ground floor is less cozy and the outside shower wasn't working, but it was honestly a detail as the private terrace is incredible and is therefore by definition the only place you'll want to be. Ask the helpful staff for a cocktail, order some amazing calamary rings and enjoy ... at least that's what we did!

Room Tip: Sea View Room
2 Thank Philippe A
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

At the end of our tour I couldn't wait to stop living out of a suitcase and finish our holiday at the beach for 6 nights. I was a little apprehensive that I might have over estimated how good this hotel was going to be but from the minute we were met at the airport I need not have worried. It was more than I could have possibly expected.
First impressions as we stepped into the sitting/dining area had me bowled over and the gardens were beautiful. The beach suite villa where we stayed were in a prime position to enjoy the sunsets at night and with our own sun lounges we had no need to do what some fellow guests were doing hanging out their towels at the crack of dawn. Though how necessary this was I'm not sure!
After hiring bikes from the hotel and exploring the next beach down where the majority of hotels are located I felt we had made the right choice of hotel for us. It was our paradise. Imagine palm trees soft pale sand warm clear water with very few people on the beach and no one to keep bothering you trying to sell you something. You may see maps showing other hotels on this stretch of beach and then read that this hotel is the only one on this beach.... well after walking along the length of it it looks like one hotel is almost completed and other than that there is no other functioning hotel.
The hotel food was very good but should you want to eat out for a change there are a few restaurants a couple of minutes walk who really do appreciate your custom and the food is very good too.
Staff are incredible and give excellent attention to detail. Nothing is too much trouble and they all work extremely hard. There is also the little extras you may get. We were surprised that as we had booked 6 nights we were given 4 complimentary dinners. We also had complimentary massages in the Spa. Also an upgrade on our last night to a Amazing suite villa which I think they thought we were mad when we refused it but all I wanted to do was unpack and felt to move for just one night would feel we were packing to come home a day early. It was my birthday whilst there and they arranged for staff and a guitarist and singer to come to our room after dinner and sing to me. I was very sad to miss this as we had gone into the village for a nightcap but I did enjoy the cake they left in the room!
If I was to make a small criticism it would be with regards to the Spa. Both my husband and myself did not like the fact that when having a Thai massage there was no privacy from others. By others I mean those waiting for a massage or just had one and having a drink with nothing to do but sit and watch you.

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of our tour of Myanmar. We were delayed arriving here by a day as our Air Mandalay flight was cancelled. However when we did finally arrived the following morning we were given a warm welcome and shown to our suite beach villa. The room was large and clean but a little dated in places especially the bathroom.

The hotel is in a lovely peaceful location. Lovely white sandy beach and not crowded at all. It was nice to walk along the beach but once you got past the part directly in front of the hotel it was full of litter and not pleasant at all.

We ate in the hotel on the first night. Food was good and the menu large.

The following morning after breakfast and a walk to the local village we settled down to relax at the villa. Outside the villa was a decked area, then a couple of tiled steps leading to a a lawned area where our sun loungers were. There was a small coconut mat on the polished step and as I stepped off the deck and onto the mat it slipped from underneath me and I fell to the ground resulting in a dislocated ankle, torn ligaments and a broken leg.

Once the staff realised what had happened they sprang into action and took me to a local clinic for assessment then the nearest hospital for x-rays and to see an orthopaedic surgeon. I felt I received the best treatment available but this was very basic compared to UK standards. The only pain relief I was offered was paracetamol!

We contacted our insurance company to try and get us home as I needed an operation. The communications in Myanmar are unreliable and very expensive. We ended up returning home 3 days later (on our planned return date. During this 3 days the staff couldn’t do enough for us. I had to use a wheelchair (as they hadn’t heard of crutches!) There were steps down to the restaurant. As soon as I got to these steps the staff all rallied round and carried my wheelchair. They were all incredibly helpful (including the manager who even came to the airport with us and helped me onto the plane) and take care of all your needs to their best ability.

2 Thank CumbrianGlobetrotter
Diest, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

After travelling 2 weeks in Myanmar we stay 4 days in the Amazing Ngapali Resort.
The rooms, the food, the service was excellent. The staff was extremely kind en very helpfull.
The most friendly people of the world.We enjoyed and we hope we can go back one day.

2 Thank Eric A
Waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

We spent over 3 weeks travelling around Myanmar and wanted a place to re-charge our batteries before the very long trip home to North America. The Amazing Resort was lovely, we stayed 4 nights, but don't go there if you haven't seen the rest of the country, because we felt rather isolated and there was really nothing to see or do in the area close to the hotel. For us, it was simply a place to rest up after a very busy trip, and could have been a beach resort almost anywhere.

Be sure to ask for a room on the second floor, in the middle - we were originally assigned a lower unit which looks out to the back of the beach villa in front, in other words, no view at all!

The food was very good (we ate at the hotel exclusively) with one very bad exception. We shared a hamburger which turned out to be tainted, and I was so ill that the hotel manager, Kyaw Swar Maung Maung, personally drove me to a local clinic for treatment. He was most kind and considerate. The clinic, by the way, was very clean and the doctor was good. She plied me with various medications (all steri-sealed from France), but nevertheless, I was ill for 5 days.

The beach was lovely, the open air eating in the hotel was delightful and the staff were most pleasant. If you want to sit in the shade on the beach, you are out of luck - there are thatched umbrellas which don't offer enough shade, and not nearly enough to go around.

Do exchange all your money in Yangon, however, because the airport would not exchange money and the hotel gave a low exchange rate of 710 to US $1.00 (vs. 810K in Yangon).

All in all, it was a lovely place and if I hadn't been so sick, undoubtedly would have enjoyed it much more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor, in the middle, otherwise you won't see the sea at all becaus...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Chester England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

What a great place to end a travel holiday round Myanmar. Simply can't fault it. The rooms, the food the staff, the service all excellent.
Try the Symphony of Fish for dinner but be sure you order it before hand or they might have run out of lobster if you leave it until dinner itself.
Sorry though of one thing to be aware of. All our other hotels charge in US dollars and we assumed this would be the same so being at the end of the holiday we shorted on local currency. This hotel though charges in local currency and then if you need to pay in dollars gives you a very poor exchange rate (730 to the dollar in February). This can partially be offset by walking into town and changing money at Air Mandalays offices (770 to dollar). However you would be better to stock up with local currency in Yangon before you travel (810 to the dollar). In the context of thing minor though this place is a great experience.

Room Tip: As a preference I would ask for a room near to the reception area just from a convenience point of v...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends