“Historical Visit”

Puerto Princesa, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Historical Visit”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

It was nice to know that Leyte is one of the Historical Site and if you love history, This is one of the place. We came here just to see the park and we tempted to stay for a while trying to recollect the thought of how was the landing look like and the number of soldiers with Mac Arthur.It was so great! I learned my history subject when I was in Grade 2 and the name "Mac Arthur"is not new to me however, I have to see the place. And, This is it! If I can't visit this place again, I would surely love to read more about it. The park itself needs more landscaping though but knowing that there is somebody there to keep those people away from the pool, It is good enough. When we were there, Some of these tourists who have no respect just step on and trying to get a picture close to the statue. One of the staff scolded them.

If you want to take a great photo, It should be in the afternoon.The care taker said, 4-5PM is ideal time.

Visited December 2012

Matawan, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“A must see, but not much in walking distance.”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Important historical landmark shared by the Philippines and the U. S.
MacArthur himself was not so grand, but as a symbol of the war and the cooperation between Phils and Us, it is important.

Visited January 2012
marilao bulacan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“I shall return!”
Reviewed 8 December 2011

The famous line of Mac Arthur was a dream come true for me, to see this park where the Leytenos create a replica of Mac Arthur landing together with his companion during the WWII.
It will take you 20-30 minutes from the airport heading to the park.
A nice place to visit that very rich in Philippine history.

Visited November 2011