“Budget Friendly Hotel”

Manila, Philippines
“Budget Friendly Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

• Rooms clean
• Get a room near the reception desk for better wifi signals
• Budget friendly hotel
• Located at the center of Laoag City
• Walking distance to Jollibee, Sm Hypermarket, Johnny Moon Restaurant, Sinking bell tower
• grab your breakfast / lunch at Macy's diner located at the lobby of the hotel
• Macy's diner opens at 7:30 am til 8 pm
• No elevators so get a room on the 2nd floor

Room Tip: • No elevators so get a room on the 2nd floor • Get a room near the reception desk for better wifi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gheinA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed two nights at the Tiffany in January. Nice simple hotel. Very basic. Bed desk and chair. Room was very clean. Its a good inexpensive hotel for the person that wants a place mainly to sleep. Nice Staff. The hotel is located in the center of Laoag near the marketplace and many restaurants. There is also a restaurant Macy's adjacent to the hotel for a quick meal if you don't want to go out. The room had a very quiet and efficient air conditioner. Only down side was I was only able to connect to the wifi intermittently so I was unable to get all of my work on the computer done during my stay. I would stay here again when vacationing but If I needed to work like this trip probably stay somewhere else for better wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BenLAX
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We were very tired when we arrived at this hotel so we were looking forward to a good rest. Much to our dismay, the front desk clerk could not find our reservation. I reserved by email one month prior to our arrival and received a confirmation letter. My credit card was already charged for the three nights we booked. The only room available was a single room so we had to settle for this with the assurance that we will be given a double room the next day. The single room was very tiny with a tiny bathroom where you almost bump your head on the wall when you bow to brush your teeth. Anyway, the next day we were transferred to a double room which was a lot bigger. The room had a new plasma tv and air conditioner. However, the amenities are very basic. There is no cabinet to keep your clothes and no rack to put your suitcase so all our bags were on the floor. There is no wifi in the room but there is a sitting area in the second floor lobby where the wifi connection is good. The bathroom is clean and big enough but often, there is no hot water in the shower. Location of the hotel is good although being in a busy street can be noisy. It is near the supermarkets, church and restaurants. There is a restaurant in the ground floor of the hotel which serves good and reasonably priced food. Considering that this is a budget hotel, in all, our stay was made pleasant by the mostly friendly and helpful staff. And oh, another confusion as we checked out - the day before scheduled check-out we asked if we could extend our stay for a few hours since our flight was at night. After consultation with someone, we were told that it was okay to check out late but we will be charged half-day rate to which we agreed. But at check out, we were being charged for the full day. It turned out that the clerk who agreed to charge us half-day failed to inform the clerk who served us at check-out. This was problem was cleared after a while.

Room Tip: I am glad that I read the other reviews which mentioned that there is no elevator so we requested fo...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen1535
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

On my stay in Laoag, I visited places I have not seen before. On coming back, I was a bit tired so I decided to rest in a local hotel. I saw Hotel Tiffany and inquired. Standard room was not available so I settled in a twin bed room fora few bucks additional. And again, as in my previous laoag hotel experience, there was no elevator. And again, my room was in the fourth floor. Well, I think this is what laoag hotels are. Anyway, going up was easier now. The room was clean. A little bit dark though. The hotel used a warm light bulb instead of the daylight bulb. There is a flat tv on the wall. The split type a/c was ok, although a little bit noisy. But if you are tired, you won't notice. The bathroom was small and again not well lighted. Water was strong but smelly. It could be the pipes or if they have a reservoir, then it was not cleaned for decades. The supposed to be hot water was lukewarm. Overall the place was clean. It was noisy though because it's beside a busy road. A budget hotel? YES!!! Nice for overnight stay. Located in the city center. Very near to sm & puregold marts. I recommend that stay in the second floor if you are not fit enough to go up the stairs...

Room Tip: Stay in the second floor....
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

I chose Hotel Tiffany based on other traveller's reviews and photos, and matched it with my need for a price in the USD25 to 45 range, but at the same time not too short on quality.

Surprisingly, the inside of the hotel was more than I expected. The rooms were clean and properly maintained. Even the decor was not as I had perceived from the photos. The toilet and bath were also neat and looked after; water pressure was normal. The beds were comfortable and clean. Aircon was quiet and it worked. And the wall mounted plasma TV had a wide selection of channels.

Wi-fi is not very strong inside the room, and can sometimes drop off. There is a common sitting area outside the room where you can check email and update your facebook status. The hotel provides daily newspapers for guests to read in the sitting area.

The staircases in the hotel are definitely substandard. The step height is greater than the average 7 3/4 inch rise and the depth of each step is less than the standard 11 1/2 inch run. As a result of this build, the inclination of the staircase is steeper and more dangerous than a normal staircase. So if you were a teenager in the 50's and you chose this hotel because of its 1950's theme then you are in for a pretty good workout!

The decor in the diner at the Ground Floor is pretty good. You can just imagine Betty and Veronica on a date with Archie Andrews. It is a good location for a themed pictorial.

There are bicycles for rent at PHP25 per hour. There is no whole day rate.

Aside from the sub standard specifications of the built-up staircases, I take issue with the address of the hotel. Officially Hotel Tiffany is on General Segundo Avenue. The de facto name of the street is Bacarra Road, and this is how locals refer to the main street that Hotel Tiffany is on. No one knew where Gen Segundo was, but some people fortunately knew where Hotel Tiffany was, and were able to point me in the right direction when I arrived in Laoag. It would be nice if the politicians would just stop renaming roads, and concentrate on building new ones instead so they could name them after their grandmothers, uncles, mistresses, and themselves!

The location of the hotel in the tripadvisor map is wrong. The hotel is near the Provincial Capital, two corners north of the Max's Restaurant.

In photos the hotel looks dodgy because of the 50's interior paint. Pink walls are associated with love-hotels along EDSA in the Cubao and Pasay areas that charge by the hour. But Hotel Tiffany is a proper hotel. The rooms are well maintained, the front desk staff are friendly and accommodating and the price is fair. I made a good choice in choosing to stay at Hotel Tiffany from 05-06 August 2013.

Room Tip: Get a lower floor. The stairs are steep.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Capt Mark O
dumaguete
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is the second time that we have stayed at the Tiffany Hotel. We second the good points noted by others as well as the more common deficiencies. The staff is welcoming and helpful - but there was so much stuff parked in front that it was almost impossible to approach with luggage when we arrived.

The adjacent MACY's restaurant is outstanding - but it closes early.

The property is exceptionally clean and insect free - but basic repairs are neglected.

The air conditioning worked splendidly - but there NO hot water at all in the shower.

The staff is friendly and helpful - but this property is a four story walk up: elevator free.

The hotel is centrally located. Its prices are as modest as the hotel. It is now time for us to search further for our rooming needs in Laoag.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davfitz
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed in Hotel Tiffany Laoag for 5 days. I booked the Family room because i needed space to hold meetings. I was very happy with my room which included 1 queen-sized bed, 1 single bed, a mini ref, ipod dock, split type aircon, study table and dining table for four. The bathroom was very spacious and the hot water was really HOT (sometimes, scalding). The best thing about this hotel is that it is in a very convenient location... walking distance to almost anywhere in the city. The staff were also friendly and approachable. They even allowed me to check out late because my flight was at 5pm.

The only negative is that there is NO elevator in the building. My room was on the 4th floor. Be warned that the stairs are steep and if your are with people who have a problem with stairs (old, young, heart problems, asthma), book early and request for a room on the 2nd floor. but if you don't mind the compulsory cardio workout (like me - i needed the exercise) then this is a good hotel choice for you.

I will surely be back in Laoag and will book this hotel again :) More power to Hotel Tiffany!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank nanitumlos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laoag
Laoag Renzo Hotel
Grand Octagon Resort
#12 of 12 in Laoag
Rivermount Hotel and Resort
Playa Tropical Resort Hotel

Been to Hotel Tiffany Laoag? Share your experiences!