“Great Hotel! Best in Laoag and Ilocos”
Review of Java Hotel

Java Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Laoag
Reviewed 21 October 2011

When I first read about the gas station infront of the hotel, I was a little worried. But my friends and I still decided to check in and stay here because of its exceptional architecture and good reviews. It wasn't a mistake. The hotel is unique and beautiful! Staff were very warm and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious.. very comfortable! The restaurant also serves delicious food at an affordable price. We tried some local dishes like longganisa and bagnet here and in other restaurants but theirs were the best.

After all the great service and other things the hotel had to offer, we forgot about the gas station. It didn't bother us at all. It actually made it accessible to a convenience store which was nice. Plus, the view of the rice fields from the back was great, very serene and relaxing.

The hotel is definitely a value for money. It was worth more than what we paid for, I would say. Will DEFINITELY stay here again!

Room Tip: Beautiful Rice fields view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise P

Reviewed 28 September 2011

A hotel front of gas station is my very first impression. Rooms were dusty and service was average. Plenty trainees i think. Design was Moroccan and unique. Small pool but they had rock climbing and was interesting. The back is grass fields. Lacks view. Might consider looking for another hotel next time around.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Jose A
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights during the holy week, and it was a pleasant stay. The receptionist and staff are helpful and polite. The room that we booked was spacious and clean. The restaurant downstairs served amazing grilled salmon. We did not get to enjoy the pool because we were out the whole day touring the city of Laoag. The only downside was the bathroom, it looks like it needs renovation. Also the location of the hotel is a little weird, being situated right in front of a gasoline station, it seems that it is within the property of the gasoline station. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank msdee28
Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed overnight at this hotel last August 28, 2011 when Typhoon Mina was still in the area. I felt my family was safe and very comfortable in this abode. Our rooms were supposed to be on the second and third floors but upon request, they gave me an adjacent and connecting room instead. I early appreciate this. Thanks a lot!
It was a very short stay but really felt the warm reception from all the staff. Keep it up. We need more of this for our tourism industry.

Room Tip: They have adjacent and connecting rooms for family. This is excellent for family tours!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank roel s
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed here last August 27 to 28. Typhoon Mina (NANMADOL) left a trail of damage in Ilocos Norte (we had to pass by Paoay because the main road was damaged by floods and a tornado). When we get there, the "basement" area rooms were flooded and some of hotel crew were frantically moving stuff.

With this scenario, they still accommodated our reservation. Actually, we were early for check-in but they admitted us. The room was okay. There was cable, wi-fi, clean bathroom with hot water, and food was good (pancit guisado and the banana balls were yum!) But what was really great was the customer service. When I inquired about where to go, they were accommodating to answer and even suggest places. The next day, the hotel even volunteered to buy our longganisa in the market so that we could enjoy our sight-seeing at Bangui Windmills and Cape Bojeador. The hotel staff were really nice.

I would come back here again when I visit Ilocos Norte again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RachelMD
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My family and i needed an overnight hotel so one of my relatives suggested the java hotel. He recomended this hotel because its nice, clean and the staff are very welcoming. I wish we stayed longer but, it was just a stop over from tarlac to bacarra, ilocos norte. Overall our stay was really nice. I hope to stay in this hotel next time we come to the philippines again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank lynn784
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night during our tour of the Ilocos region.
When I made this booking, I hesitated for a long time. A hotel with a Caltex filling station in the forecourt ? On the main highway ? Luckily, I listened to my fellow Trip Advisor travelers. The hotel is indeed unique and once inside you are just not conscious of where the hotel is.
Reception was friendly and efficient; the room was clean, tidy and well equipped; the restaurant was attractive, the service very good and the food excellent.
The Java is one of those discoveries that makes touring such a pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiribelnMuddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laoag
Grand Octagon Resort
Laoag Renzo Hotel
Laoag Renzo Hotel
#2 of 12 in Laoag
Rivermount Hotel and Resort

Been to Java Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Java Hotel

Address: Brgy # 55-B Salet | Gen. Segundo Avenue, Laoag, Luzon 2900, Philippines
Region: Philippines > Luzon > Ilocos Region > Ilocos Norte Province > Laoag
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Laoag
Price Range: £46 - £71 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Java Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Java Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Java Hotel Laoag, Ilocos, Philippines