Even though it was a ski resort, I actually stayed in this hotel during autumn. The hotel is sparkingly new and all ready for 2018 winter olympics. The moment you stepped into the hotel, you are welcomed with a strong woody smell which I really like. The lobby is huge with a wide outdoor view of the surroundings where the campfire lies in the centre.
The hotel is right beside holiday inn with the ski slope nearby.
From the look of the floorings at the lobby, I doubt its a ski in ski out resort. I was surprised that the concierge is not able to speak English at all. When i asked for a winter guide book (so I can know the ski ticket rates etc), he replied unclearly that it is not winter now. A convenience store is just around the corner, prefect to get Soju or raspberry wine for chill out. A waterpark is also within the vicnity if you crave for more excitement. Buffet breakfast is normal like any regular big hotels, only thing that made me overjoyed was the persimmons which has the texture of sorbet after being frozen.
I would highly suggest to the management to train the employees on English before the international is held in 2018. There is clearly a huge area of improvement in the area. I am glad I travelled with a tour guide if not I will be lost.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Pyeongchang Resort Alpensia is located in Pyeongchang County, Gangwon province which is the third largest county in South Korea. It s about 2 hours drive away from Korea s capital Seoul and well connected through public transport. The hotel is part of Alpensia, Korea s premier all-year resort, a purpose built, alpine-style village in the Taebaek Mountain region, only 20 minutes drive away from the east coast of Korea is set in the midst of beautiful, unspoiled nature. World-class facilities for all-year leisure, meetings and incentives make Alpensia the perfect choice for a relaxing weekend away as well as for workshops, team-building activities and product presentations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Hotel Pyeongchang-Gun
- InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort South Korea/Pyeongchang-Gun