I feel the best time of the year to stay at InterContinental Alpensia, one of the hotels set in a relatively big resort in Pyeongchang area, is in winter when one would get to see the entire area covered in a coat of white snow. Located next to the ski slopes, it is the most upscale accommodation in this resort.
If you stay there, you can wander outside the hotel and check out the other restaurants, grocery store, convenience store, and entertainment centres around the area. We ate at a small Korean restaurant and the food was quite delectable - noodles served piping hot and chicken, fish fried to crisp perfection.
If you do go during winter, make sure you invest in a good pair of non-slip boots as the place can become very slippery especially when the snow melts and turns into ice. It can get very cold too, so good thermals and insulation is absolutely necessary if one is not to freeze to death whilst wandering outdoors!
Rooms at this hotel are of decent size and clean. The lounge area with a fireplace is cosy and inviting. Reception staff were courteous and, though not very fluent in English, tried their best to respond to our queries. There is also a gym, a spa, a gift shop and restaurants located within the hotel. We did not get a room with a view as ours faced the front of the building. For best views, request for a room facing the ski slopes. I am sure it would be a beautiful sight and at night, you can get to see the ski lift, all lit, going up and down the slopes too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Pyeongchang Resort Alpensia is located in Pyeongchang County, Gangwon province which is the third largest county in South Korea. It s about 2 hours drive away from Korea s capital Seoul and well connected through public transport. The hotel is part of Alpensia, Korea s premier all-year resort, a purpose built, alpine-style village in the Taebaek Mountain region, only 20 minutes drive away from the east coast of Korea is set in the midst of beautiful, unspoiled nature. World-class facilities for all-year leisure, meetings and incentives make Alpensia the perfect choice for a relaxing weekend away as well as for workshops, team-building activities and product presentations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Hotel Pyeongchang-Gun
- InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort South Korea/Pyeongchang-Gun