All reviews beach bar hot water local family included breakfast beach front nice pool surf school sea breeze location is amazing good vibes air con delicious food bungalow champi wellbeing chill beginners
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed four nights with my boyfriend and we truly lived our time at the Neptune Resort! After travelling across Sri Lanka it was a luxury spending all day without flip flops at the beach, starting with an amazing breakfast at the beach bar! What you will find there is a truly wonderful staff very attentive to your wellbeing and safety! I felt loved and I will always come back!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018

This hotel was fantastic, I had a really big room with quite stylish ensuite bathroom and when I opened the door I looked straight out on to the surf. Their beach bar was great for sipping cocktails at sunset. The staff are really friendly and could not be more helpful. Considering the location, the air con and the lovely pool area, I thought this place was great value.

Room Tip: the higher bungalow rooms afford a better view of the surf in the mornings (pretty obvious I suppose!)
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank abigail b
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at Good Story, & this is a good ending .
Firstly the staff , especially Champi, were all wonderful, helpful & happy people.
Chef is amazing, cooking us up some delicious food, Coconut Prawns &
Sri Lankan breakfast are a must.
We come to this are of Sri Lanka often & like to stay at different places at the end of our holiday after staying with a local family for the majority of our stay. However after staying at Good Story we will be splitting our stay in 2 from now on.
Upstairs Bungalow sea view rooms are lovely with all the extra you need. Always a sea breeze from the balcony & Sunbeds with umbrellas on the beach.
Champi you really made our stay special thank you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lingling62
Reviewed 4 June 2018

My husband and I spent almost 2 weeks at this property during the low season and if we are going to take away one main thing, it's that the staff is so very kind and attentive. The Manager Chompi was so sweet, she went above and beyond for us and Saranga at the restaurant was amazing!
It does not hurt that we had a room facing the water. Everything was clean and working properly (AC, safe, fan, hot water, wifi) and the restaurant food was quite decent.
We would definitely stay again. Thank you Neptune!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emma-Penelope
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent 3 nights at this great hotel, and loved it! Super good value, for a bungalow with sea views, aircon, hot water, and good internet throughout the whole resort. The place is beautiful and one of very few beachfront locations in Weligama- and it’s just outside the best surf break in town. The included breakfast was freshly prepared, hearty, and delicious... and had much better coffee than the much more expensive place next door. The staff were all super friendly, the chef is extremely talented, and Champi in particular was so kind and helpful. We are so glad we stayed here and recommend everyone else does too!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple