“Very Nice Indeed!”

Meewitha Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 152 Restaurants in Weligama
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Sri Lankan
Description: Now you can enjoy traditional Breakfast lunch and dinner with jack fruit curry, herble salad, Eggplant salad, coconut sambol, bread fruit curry, spicy curries, dhal curry, Potato curry and more like village curries. Home made fried noodles, fried rice, kottu rotty, Salads, Soups. Devilled, (Vegetables, Chicken , Fish and Prawns), Hot Pancakes, fresh juices, Milk shakes, Tea, Coffee, traditional deserts and buffalo curd. Western and traditional breakfast, Vegan options and Gluten free options. There are no any artificial flavour enhancer or colourings. We use only traditional true spices and pure coconut milk (vegetarian ) to make your breakfast lunch and dinner. Come and enjoy our Tasty foods and friendly fast service ! Thank you!'
Reviewed 12 July 2016 via mobile

Good food, home made from scratch by a lovely smiley couple who created a delightful atmosphere for myself and my wife to enjoy. It was a little slow since we were the only people there but that's because the food is cooked in the couples own home not a commercial kitchen. Loved the Bob Marley whilst dining.

Date of visit: July 2016
Write a reviewReviews (547)

Reviewed 5 July 2016

Best food I ate in Sri Lanka!!
Trully home food in a cousy place,
Very nice people!
Just go there, don't be afraid to enter because you won't regret it,

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We're so lucky to find this place. Thanks tripadvisor! Because place is not easy to find and it's homely and very simple, but it's hosts are amazing people! But I strictly recommend this place for every tourist!
The hosts (husband and wife) cook together, not very quickly, but trust me, their dishes are worth to wait. And for the second visiting, you can ask a phone number of hosts and write them a message in whatsup (but please inform the hosts your number as well for feedback) what you would like to eat and at what time you will visit them at this evening. So when you come for dinner, everything will be ready for you. You can also clarify the spicy level of the dishes for them. I recomend to taste full fish, prawns curry, beans curry, fish curry and coconut pancakes for desserts.
This place is so homish, friendly, I liked it so much!
The cooking courses are also available with nice Chamily at this place (more better than Caruna cooking courses in Unawatuna)! I'll write about them in another review.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 3 June 2016 via mobile

The food here is great - especially the vegetarian curry! The owners are lovely hosts, great service. Well priced Sri lankan food. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Love this place! The food is incredibly fresh and super healthy. I found this place late in my stay in the area but if I had found it earlier I would have happily eaten here every day! Breakfast, lunch and dinner! The fish curry was always super fresh. In fact one day when they were out of fish they came back from the market with some fresh fish for me and cooked it up in a lovely curry! That for me is the best service I've ever received! And the owners are so happy and friendly and it just makes for the best eating experience. Yes it is a little slow but when you know you are getting top quality food at a bargain price it is worth the wait! Ignore the buses zooming past, you should be use to this by now anyway! Thank you for serving up incredible food time and time again during my stay! I will be back for sure! Big love x

Date of visit: May 2016