1. Arrival - we arrived unannounced, however the team at tea trails had no problem with this and were quick to make us feel comfortable, refreshed and at home.
2. Rooms - we expected English colonial style, with elegant finishes, clean, and especially classic, and this is what we got. Amazing.
3. Bathrooms - clean 100%. every time we went back, had Fresh towels and no problems with water being cold or toilets running. Soaps were plentiful, and natural tea style shampoos available with a personal touch. His and hers basins, were perfect timing for us.
4. Delectable foods from original Sri Lankan curries to juicy steak or seafood. Fresher than fresh. As we were staying at Tientsin we were quite keen to lunch at one of the other bungalows, and this was no problem. They arranged menu and transport, whilst encouraging us to enjoy.
5. Things to do- tea tour with Andrew was funny and very interesting, would've liked to have tried my hand at picking some leaves, with the workers. Tennis was fun, and other activities on hand, plentiful so quite happy.
6. Wifi was a dream, very good connectivity and speed.
7. Logistics for the next part of the journey were no problem to and the manager genuinely got involved and gave us good advice.
All in all the the tea trails were run by an outstanding manager and dedicated team of professionals. Well recommended, thank you thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ceylon Tea Trails, Sri Lanka's first Relais & Chateaux resort, is a collection of five colonial era tea planters' bungalows restored to impeccable style, offering a taste of gracious living in 27 suites and rooms, with butler service and original furnishings, accompanied by gourmet meals. Walking trails connect the bungalows which are from 2km to 15km apart. Follow the Tea Trail from one unique bungalow to the next, staying a night or two at each or just laze in one. Rates are fully inclusive of gourmet meals and drinks, including spirits and wines. Even service charges, taxes and laundry are included. We won't bother you with bills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, MrandMrsSmith, Southall Travel and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ceylon Tea Trails reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ceylon Tea Trails Hatton
- Ceylon Tea Trails Sri Lanka/Hatton