Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
US$13
View deal
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Orbitz.com
ZenHotels.com
eDreamsUS$13
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I have literally just arrived at this place, and was a little bit skeptic after reading some of the reviews. However, the wifi is top! The landlady is extremely friendly, the room is spacious, bright and clean with great a/c. People are banging on about this place being a money machine... Ummm correct me if I'm wrong, but their running a business. It kills me too that things are not as cheap as they were 10 years back. Deal with it! It ain't pops fault. And anyway... @ 450b a night... It's cheapskates as chips for what you get!

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Stayed here on the way to Koh Chang, because we missed the last ferry. 400 Baht for a clean double bed with hot shower and A/C - hard to beat. Restaurant attached had lousy service, but plenty of alternatives nearby. WiFi worked like a champ! A good transit stopover in Trat, taxis to the ferry can be ordered in advance to pick you up at no surcharge.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2012

This used to be a small and friendly place. I have been there 1 year ago and the first time 3 years ago. It used to be a very friendly place. Very helpful, very supportive. One year ago, it changed already a lot, and it got a lot bigger. The service and smiles were gone. So this year I planned to stay somewhere else, but all was full. ALready at the bus station, all the taxi drivers tried to bring me to the POP Guest House (seems they get provesion) with a great discount. I could hardly escape the. So I walked, confident to find a new place.
I did not, as all was full. It was on the fourth of January 2011. Still, I walked into many friendly places on the way.
Ahen I arrived, one sign stays for the friendlyness. A huge sign, on the Reception Desk: We have the right to refuse the service to everyone we want!!!! What a welcome. And the POP place expanded further. No welcome, no hello, no smiles but the same two owners running it. The next morning I checked out, no goodbye but an ennoyed commens as I cheked out late (10min).

I will next time definately choose another place, as I prefer small and friendly places. Here yiu get only help, for cash.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Drobstar
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Found this place just across the road from tattoo? Guesthouse. The prices are exactly the same but pop had hot water. No contest sadly as our guesthouse the previous morning had no hot water either. Rooms were a good size and clean. Hot water was more warm that hot but i'm just nitpicking. If your off to ko chang (as we were) the owners were keen to get us to book our shared taxi and ferry ticket with them. We booked it and I think any westener would struggle to get a shared taxi as far as we did for the price. Well recommended...

Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank adamandizzy
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We stayed here several years ago and this year somewhere around february again. Everything changed at Pop's. This used to be a friendly place where there was helpfull staff and a nice atmosphere. Nowadays it's a machine well run by Pop the female owner. The atmosphere is gone and the attitude of POp has changed a lot. It seems like only making money is important. The guesthouse isn;t that special anymore. On the day of our departure she asked us several time if we would pay the bill. It seems like she was afraid that we took off without paying. Very strange and almost hostile attitude coming from Pop. Not really a recommandable place to stay.

Date of stay: February 2011