“Very Good Value”

Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Sattahip
Tokyo, Japan
“Very Good Value”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you want a place with your family to hang out for a few nights and not expose them to the vices of Pattaya Beach, this is a great place. Very reasonable cost considering you get breakfast included. Stayed in the Ocean Wing in a Deluxe Room, had plenty of room for an extra bed and had a great view.

The hotel itself is showing its age a bit, but for the cost it was OK with us. The room was clean, the service was OK, the staff was nice and helpful. One interesting thing was the hotel was about 85% full of people from Russia, with some Chinese and Thai. We were the only folks I heard speaking English the entire time.

The set up on the hotel is great. With the three pools, beach, restaurants, etc, you can have two days or so of fun without even leaving the premises. They had a "beer festival" set up from about 6-12 and you could get all kinds of food at these booths and sit outside.

Only drawback is if you do want to get to Pattaya, you have to take a taxi to get there, but if you have a familly, this is a very nice place to go.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the Ocean Wing.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank EmperorMax

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

After years living in Thailand, I'm constantly disappointed in the ever changing hospitality industry. Loved this property. (Yes, it's huge and in some places its a little rough around the edges) Our room was on top floor of the Ocean Wing, had a great view and was really nicely renovated.

Highlights:
Welcome drink
Excutive lounge check-in
Stunning view of Bangsarey mountain and ocean.
Super clean beach
Pools galore
Fruit basket in room
Great restaurants and affordable prices.
Late check out!

Will go back!!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Olsonleavy
San Pablo City, Philippines
Reviewed 18 September 2013

ths was my temporary residence last SEPTEMBER 2005 as delegation head to the 6th ASPAC IFYE Conference. A perfect, one-stop shop venue for a big event. I'll be their again this coming Nov. 11-18, this time for the 10th World IFYE Conference with even bigger delegates from around the globe. To the hotel management, I hope you can again extend to me a discounted rate for a mini-suite room. I was instrumental in recommending Thailand as the host this year during the 9th conference in Adelaide in 2008. WHEN DID I TRAVEL? I STATED ON FIRST LINE OF MY REVIEW SEPT. 2005.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter and higher floors have less A/C unt noise
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2013

"City" is quiet apt for this enormous hotel towards the far end of Jomitien Beach. Plenty of Beach Front, Swimming pools large restaurants and enormous under cover car parks.

The rooms are very large, most with Sea views. The Ambassador City is aimed at several different markets; Family holidays, Business conventions, Tour groups and couples who just want to stay put by the Pool and Beach. There are more Thais staying here than Foreigners yet the Restaurant menus have a full range of western items and very good too.

For less than 2000 Baht a night this is real value for money. Pattaya Beach is about 15 k.m away

Room Tip: before checking in ask to see the room. Make sure the hot water and air con are working nad if you a...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mam775
krittw, Manager at Ambassador City Jomtien, responded to this review, 8 September 2013
Dear Mam775,
Greeting from The Ambassador City Jomtien,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience stayed with us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear you were also happy with our location, restaurants menu, pool and also our reasonable room's rate.

I regard your constructive feedback very highly so that we can review our products as your Room Tip and services so that the next time you stay with us, we will be able to provide you with a distinctive, and enriching experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact our reservation or directly me when your travel plans bring you back to Pattaya and The Ambassador City Jomtien, I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is perfect one.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Just spent 4 nights in the Ocean Wing of the Ambassador - I've stayed there twice before and on both occasions have enjoyed the stay. This time around it was much better and I vowed to bring my family with.

The Pool is a must use item - whilst it was intention to use the gym, I just got caught up with relaxing after work that I never got around to it, but it is a place to use.

Breakfast was the standard cereal, fruit and confectionary for me - that is my normal, but the kitchen offered a variety of other meals. One minor gripe is that at times, the juice machines does not get replenished fast enough, but other than that no other complains.

Enough restaurants around to ensure that ones does not have to go into town for meals.

Room Tip: some of my colleagues stayed in the budget Garden Wing - which is not bad at all ...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank hoosainnarker
krittw, Manager at Ambassador City Jomtien, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Dear Ashihara,
Greeting from The Ambassador City Jomtien,

First and foremost, We would like to thank you for your excellent review and positive feedback following your recent stay with us. We have delighted to learn that you had a nice and enjoyed holiday at our property.

Thanks again to your valued feedback, and we hope that, we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back to stay with us soon. We shall certainly share your feedback with our team members so that they will know that their good services and intention were appreciated.

With our best regards,
Kritt Wien
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is very big and has lots of activities to do. Reasonably Price. Sadly, it's pretty old, kinda dirty i should say !!! I could say that hotel service is suck, i have to wait for them for about 5 mins after I call them, and it happens almost every worker!! What the? If u r the one who wants to get away from the crown and dirty beach, I think this hotel could gives u. It has one long beach, worth for Family or maybe ur friends to do an activity together!! Personally I dont like here. Overall Kinda Poor, but maybe u like it!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
krittw, Manager at Ambassador City Jomtien, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Dear Khun Thanawat,
Greeting form The Ambassador City Jomtien

I am writing with reference to your reviews published on July 30, 2013.

Firstly, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. The Ambassador City Jomtien apologize for the inconvenience, disappointment, and distress created by our failure services, we have clearly not succeeded in meeting your expectations.

We take great care to ensure that important matters such as this are properly implemented, although due to an unforeseen technical or servicing problem.

Thank you for giving us this opportunity to correspond with you, Khun Thanawat W. We look forward to welcome you and your family back soon again.
Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Kritt W,
Reviewed 6 July 2013

This property is not a five star resort by any standard but I would definitely return. The beaches and exterior grounds/amenities were spectacular given the price. The rooms were pretty basic but normal by European standards. I could tell that at one time the hotel was top notch but age, weather and general lack of maintenance has taken its toll. It looks a bit worn. That being said the staff was great and I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Rotodome01
krittw, Manager at Ambassador City Jomtien, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for your so kind comments and suggestion. We are delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your time in posting ans share your experience on Trip Advisor . Please allow us to share this very joyful message with our associates, who I am sure they will receive your comments with much appreciate. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you, your family and friends back to The Ambassador City Jomtien soon.

Kind regards,
Kritt W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sattahip
Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa
Dor-Shada Resort by The Sea
Centra by Centara Maris Resort Jomtien
Sai Sawan Beach Resort
Sai Sawan Beach Resort
#17 of 21 in Sattahip
Ocean Marina Yacht Club Hotel
Movenpick Siam Hotel Pattaya

Been to Ambassador City Jomtien? Share your experiences!