“Very relaxing, a nice getaway from Bangkok, a few rough edges”

Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Sattahip
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The quest for the easy weekend getaway from Bangkok continues. We found something we like at the Ravindra, with a few rough edges. We've been wanting to stay here but weren't willing to pay $200/night. So, it's July in Thailand and hotels have specials; we jumped!
Let's start with what we liked. We loved the nice private beach, with lots of natural shade. It was really nice (and hard to find this close to Bangkok). We liked the superior room- it was spacious and comfortable, plus there was a bath and separate shower (the water pressure in the shower was not good). The fitness center was free and the staff were really nice and helpful.
All of the problems we experienced related to service and food. First, while some of the staff were nice and friendly there were a number of staff who were unfriendly and in some cases rude. This may be because of the size of the hotel, and the number of Russian guests. All the same, we're not accustomed to Thais behaving as we experienced at the front desk and in the restaurant in this price range (staff at pool, and beachside restaurant were lovely). The f&b was a real problem; the included breakfast was appalling- it was the worst breakfast we've had in this price range in the whole country. Many restaurants serve leftovers at the breakfast buffet- but they make it into breakfast food. Ravindra just serves leftover dinner food at breakfast- like clam chowder and beef bourginon! They're not even trying. Also, the coffee was terrible. In essence, it's pathetic for a hotel charging $100-200/night to have a breakfast like this and I really hope they improve it. In Thailand, many smaller, less expensive hotels offer better breakfasts. This matters to us.
Bottom line: We paid $110/night fo r our superior room, and we would come back again, but only for that price. I would definitely not pay more than $110-120 for what Ravindra is offering. But we did love that beach and it was just two hours from our door to their door, so we'll probably be back- I hope they improve that breakfast!

Room Tip: If you get a deal, stay here; you'll love it! If you're ready to pay top dollar, consider o...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank supakorn
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2011

Dear Khun Supakorn,

Thank you for sharing your comments in Trip advisor. We are always appreciated receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standards of service for our guests.

Your special commendation to Pool and Reva Beach restaurant are most kind and will be passed on to them and their department head. Please be assured that we will contribute to do everything possible to keep up the high standard that we have set for this hotel.

With regard to your experienced that some staff were unfriendly and in some cases rude, we have failed in our mission of providing you our standard of service. We have reviewed your comments and shared with concerned department heads and corrective actions have already been taken.
In regarding to your comment on the breakfast buffet that you have thought we serves the leftover dinner food for the breakfast such as the clam chowder and beef bourguignon, may we clarify this: our Executive Chef just created more variety than normal breakfast in which we have added a few more of the main course for daily breakfast, and not the leftover food which your mentioned. Any left over food from overnight will be thrown away as per the HACCP system that we have received from the local Health and Hygiene authorities. For this, we are more than welcome for you to inspect our kitchen for your own please.
Buffet is serve only breakfast, lunch and dinner are A La Carte to all restaurant.. May I take this opportunity to personally apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Please be assured that we try to do everything to keep up our high standard we have set for this hotel.
We do hope for your kind understanding and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa on your future visits to Pattaya.

Yossaphon (Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi

There are newer reviews for Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 20 March 2011

Stayed in this hotel for one night as it was a very short trip to Thailand. Hotel is great with young children as there is a kids pool which my 4 year old daughter really enjoyed. Room was good size and clean. Hotel staff was excellent and welcoming which is very important for me. Food was good and reasonably priced. Breakfast in the morning was good, offering a good variety of food. I usually stick to local cuisine wherever I travel . There was plenty of thai food offerred in the breakfast. I would stay here again if I ever visit Pattaya.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Cancerian27
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your latest review of Ravindra Beach Resort. It was a delight to read that you enjoyed your holiday and appreciated our friendly staff and hotel facilities. I was also glad to read that your children had a great stay .

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ravindra again soon.

Reviewed 2 March 2011

This hotel was recommended to us by a colleague here in Bangkok (who also has a young child) and it lived up to its recommendation.

Having lived in Thailand for over four years now - and having made a curious visit to Pattaya in our first year - we had said that we would never return to Pattaya but I think I can safely say that we WILL return to this particular hotel in the foreseeable future. It's a perfect place to escape to its close proximity to Bangkok.

The hotel itself is set far south from the "scene" and set on a quiet little beach. Whilst I wouldn't let our 2yr old set foot in the sea (who in their right mind would set foot in that water?) the hotel's 3 fabulous pools were more than fun enough. And there is even a little sandy beach at the back of the hotel for those wanting lounge chairs and sandcastle building.

My husband and I both felt that the breakfast buffet offered more than enough choices. Fresh fruit, salad, traditional western and Asian fare as well as an egg station. It seems like a small detail but as a westerner who loves her bread, I was pleasantly surprised at the diversity and quality of the toast selection. Even pumpernickel was on offer.

The rooms themselves were well appointed and roomy. The resort is designed so that just about every room has both a pool view and a sea view.

My only complaint with the hotel arose from our visit to the poolside restaurant on the very first afternoon that we checked in. I went to the restaurant and asked for a Diet Coke, an Asahi beer and a scrambled egg (for our toddler) and was told that none of those things were available. The Diet coke and the beer I can understand, But the fact that the fried rice that I ordered came with a fried egg on top ticked me off. It wasn't so much that there weren't any eggs left (as I was told) but that the staff obviously didn't know how to charge me for an egg and therefore wouldn't scramble one for us.

Having said that, the hotel offered everything that we needed as a family with a 27 month old in tow. And as helpful and accommodating as the staff were, it didn't take long to see that they are more accustomed to dealing with package tourists. Much of the hotel signage was trilingual Thai, English and Russian. One other critique that I have is that in this day and age of free Wi-Fi just about everywhere in Thailand, the hotel charged, in my opinion, extortionate rates for hourly Wi-Fi access.

We drove ourselves to the hotel in a rental car. I sense that we would have felt a little trapped had we not had our own means of transport. As I mentioned earlier, the hotel is not within walking distance of anything more remotely interesting than the highway.

On an aside, if you have the time, do check out the manufactured for tourists "floating market". We actually found it a fun way to spend a couple of hours. We found it to be more "kitsch" than "tacky". And we were expecting the latter.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MrsCommons
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2011

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. We always appreciate receiving guest comments so that we may review our performance and strive to maintain the highest standard of service for our guests.

We are happy to read that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us. With reference to your comment free wifi, we would like to inform that this project is currently under discussion and hopefully that we could in the near future finalize the matter which will prompt the implementation soon. In the mean time, you may contact our front desk for wifi card. We have also instructed our F&B Manager to review the service standard of Pool attendance and to take the corrective action in order to prevent this similar incident to recur. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed 28 February 2011

I can't praise this boutique hotel enough. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels in Asia and have to say that this is the best that I have stayed at. Nothing was too much trouble for the extremely efficient and friendly staff and the suite had every sort of comfort that you could think of plus more. The spa whilst not the cheapest was just pure indulgence with high hygiene standards and fantastic treatments and highly trained practitioners. The beach is right on the doorstep and so are plenty of upmarket and not so upmarket dining options. A hotel's fine dining restaurant tops the whole experience. I will definitely be back and will try out the other hotels in this group.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank tanjenya

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your latest review, I was delighted to read that you had a great holiday with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff and also our fanastic facilities.
I hope to welcome you back to the Ravindra Beach Resort again soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2011

The Ravindra Beach Resort is a nice hotel for relaxing. The pool is huge and my kid enjoyed it every much. The room is new and big with opended window between bedroom and bathroom, the room was nice and clean. Delicious (and not too expensive) food, friendly staff, beautiful beach with palm trees. So for paying a rather high price, our expectations did not get disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments on your Ravindra Beach Resort Pattaya experience! We will certainly share these with our team here and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa on your future visits to Pattaya.

Hospitably yours.

Reviewed 7 January 2011

This hotel has three most beautiful pools and great beach. Ideal for children. The rooms are spacious and very clean. Staff are very friendly and helpful. We stayed there from the 24th December till 3rd January and enjoyed all the facilities. Hotel is around 1/2 hour into Pattaya, but the hotel offers a shuttle bus every two hours. At this time 90% of the people that was staying here at the hotel was Russian.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nicky085

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your latest review, I was delighted to read that you had a great holiday with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff and also our fanastic facilities and Pools.
I hope to welcome you back to the Ravindra Beach Resort again soon.

Yossaphon (Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi

Reviewed 12 December 2010

This was my 5th stay at Rivindra resort and spa, it lived up to all expectations.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa Pattaya, for your holiday and sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We appreciate your business, value your comments and repeat loyalty. We are glad you enjoyed our swimming pools, tropical garden private beachfront grounds and location. We appreciate your recognition of our service touches at all F&B outlets.

Please call on me when we can be of assistance. We look forward to welcoming you, your family, friends and associates to Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa Pattaya on future return visits to “The land of Smile”.

Best regards,

Yossaphon ( Charlie) Tangbholbhisuthi
Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sattahip
Ambassador City Jomtien
Ocean Marina Yacht Club Hotel
Botany Beach Resort
Botany Beach Resort
#4 of 23 in Sattahip

Been to Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!