The quest for the easy weekend getaway from Bangkok continues. We found something we like at the Ravindra, with a few rough edges. We've been wanting to stay here but weren't willing to pay $200/night. So, it's July in Thailand and hotels have specials; we jumped!
Let's start with what we liked. We loved the nice private beach, with lots of natural shade. It was really nice (and hard to find this close to Bangkok). We liked the superior room- it was spacious and comfortable, plus there was a bath and separate shower (the water pressure in the shower was not good). The fitness center was free and the staff were really nice and helpful.
All of the problems we experienced related to service and food. First, while some of the staff were nice and friendly there were a number of staff who were unfriendly and in some cases rude. This may be because of the size of the hotel, and the number of Russian guests. All the same, we're not accustomed to Thais behaving as we experienced at the front desk and in the restaurant in this price range (staff at pool, and beachside restaurant were lovely). The f&b was a real problem; the included breakfast was appalling- it was the worst breakfast we've had in this price range in the whole country. Many restaurants serve leftovers at the breakfast buffet- but they make it into breakfast food. Ravindra just serves leftover dinner food at breakfast- like clam chowder and beef bourginon! They're not even trying. Also, the coffee was terrible. In essence, it's pathetic for a hotel charging $100-200/night to have a breakfast like this and I really hope they improve it. In Thailand, many smaller, less expensive hotels offer better breakfasts. This matters to us.
Bottom line: We paid $110/night fo r our superior room, and we would come back again, but only for that price. I would definitely not pay more than $110-120 for what Ravindra is offering. But we did love that beach and it was just two hours from our door to their door, so we'll probably be back- I hope they improve that breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa is a 5-Star luxurious beach-front resort located on Na Jomtien Beach just 15 minute's drive from Pattaya City. A palm oasis and an ideal location to unwind and relax in picturesque and tranquil surroundings, Ravindra Resort has one hundred meters of uninterrupted beachfront access to a clean, sandy beach. Ravindra features contemporary Thai style low-rise accommodation with private balconies offering either a poolside, garden or sea view, and private pool villas surrounded by tropical gardens. World class facilities include a stunning beach-front infinity pool, 2 interconnected lagoon pools, a Fitness Centre, Spa, Kid's Club, Internet room, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravindra Beach Hotel Jomtien Beach
- Ravindra Beach Resort And Spa