“quiet paradise”

Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Sattahip
Reviewed 17 July 2010

spent two weeks here and it was amazing, as it was low season the place was very quiet and idyllic with no noise / stress / hassle - fabulous for a relaxing break , honey moon etc, almost felt like another planet away from whatever stresses and strains you were leaving behind

facilities - 3 fabulous pools, beautifully designed and with trees etc round the outside even better in reality than in the photos on website , and never busy, fitness centre well equipped with helpful attendant, beach very clean , enough loungers - never busy, shuttle bus to 3 locations in centre is good value and reliable, also had table football and ping pong

rooms - spacious light and modern, loved the opening partition between bedroom and living room to give more sense of space, always immaculately clean, very comfortable bed, i slept here better than i have in years, all rooms look over pool which is good, just the higher priced rooms are higher floors, big balcony for relaxing having dinner etc

food - excellent quality, very well priced eg 200 BHT for curry for two, cannot believe people criticise the pricing, huge portions (you can basically order 1 main and share them except at the beachfront rest. where food is also good but portions smaller) breakfast contains a very big selection, incl noodles, and various thai 'main' dishes such as chilli pork - you can eat enough to last all day if you so choose!

service - excellent all round cannot speak highly enough of the staff although knowledge of english could definitely improve but that goes for all of pattaya as opposed to say phuket

location - away from centre enough to leave it all behind, however the shuttle bus takes about 15 minutes and costs 50 BHT, good value for a 4 star hotel, coming back is 200 BHT by taxi ( private tuk tuk or 30 by shared tuk tuk) in any case light on the pocket, i preferred not to spend that much time in pattaya itself

all round im ready to book again for next year

minuses
internet - cards run out quicker than the supposed time they contain unless you buy the 24 hour version, very frustrating, hotel cannot fix it as internet provider is outsourced
telephone - you cannot make any calls from your room unless you go through reception even though you leave a credit card at check in this is really stupid for a 4 star hotel in my opinion

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2011

Dear Valued guest,,

Greetings from Pattaya!

Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback as it is with constructive comments such as yours that we are able to fine tune our services.

We are happy to read that you have generally enjoyed your stay with us. With reference to your comment on telephone and Free WIFI, we would like to inform you that telephone out going call you can call direct from your room even long distant call there is a details in hotel directory, we have failed in our mission of providing you our regular standard of service, for free WIFI this project is currently under discussion and hopefully that we could in the near future finalize the matter which will prompt the implementation soon. In the mean time, you may contact our front desk for WIFI card.

I am also glad you enjoyed the various dining options available within our resort and I have passed along your comments to our chefs to serve as added inspiration for them to continue delivering exceptional cuisine.

Thank you very much for your kind commented, we have been passed on to our management Committee for further discussion.

We do hope for your kind understanding and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa on your future visits to Pattaya.

Hospitably yours.

Yossaphon (Charlie)Tangbholbhisuthi

Reviewed 26 June 2010

The resort is just 15 minutes far away from the Central Pattaya, you can enjoy the sun and beach (private beach) and the pool in a relaxing counturyside environment but at the same time you can easily access the most energetic Pattaya downtown. So, me and my friend think this hotel is really accessible and well located.
As I mentiond before, the hotel provide a private beach and the pool, we can really enjoy the sun, sea and beach. One more thing is the pool which is in salt water, but not chlorine, so its good for my skin. LOL
The hotel room is one of my favourite part of this hotel as it provides a 6.5"x 6.5" king size bed.
Moreover,the staff are really nice, kind and helpful, you will not find any difficulties to stay here comfortably. They can speak incredible english, so we don't have any language barriers.
I still remebered that the first day we checked in the hotel that was a heavy raining day, as they provide escort staff to escort us to the room, they even provided us two umbrellas, that was so impressive for us staying in the hotel on the very first day.
One of the highlights of this resort is the spa, we tried the spa, it was so professional, at the same time, the price is reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your latest review, I was delighted to read that you had a great holiday with us. Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff and also our fantastic facilities.

Reviewed 23 June 2010

We went to Thailand and Bali for our honeymoon and this was one of the best hotels we stayed in. From the moment we arrived in the spacious, airy lobby everything was beautiful. We were greeted with an awesome welcome drink served in a dragon fruit and whisked in a cart to our room. Our 1-bedroom pool villa was so gorgeous. And to top it off the staff had decorated our room with flowers and folded the towels into heart-shaped swans! The tub was filled with roses and plumeria! It was all so beautiful and romantic (see the photos). Although our room was so comfortable and with our own private pool so we didn't much need to leave, we did explore around the rest of the hotel property and loved what we saw. The hotel is right on the beach so you can also sit and relax in the nice beach chairs on the sand and/or catch a beautiful beach sunset. The main pools were so big and there were so many of them! They all looked liked the kind of pools, you'd want to jump in after a few minutes in the hot, humid Thailand air. Although it wasn't open when I went by, I saw signs for a swim-up noodle-bar at one of the pools! And I thought just a plain swim-up bar was enough. Now I've been spoiled, ignornance was bliss.

The breakfast buffet was really good, with a mix of asian and western food options and lots of tropical fruits - my favorite breakfast in southeast asia. The staff were all very nice and I saw them going out of their way to accomodate and entertain families with children.

We loved our stay at the Ravindra and it will always have a special place in our hearts. Our only problem was that this was the first hotel we stayed in during our honeymoon so it set a really high bar for the rest of the hotels on our trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 May 2010

I stayed on my own there for one week, It was paradise. I am a single woman and saw this hotel on the web, and booked it. On arrival it was great the staff was so helpful most spoke good English the food and accommodation was brilliant. The whole ambience of the place was relaxing as was the s.p.a. The pool and beach was pristine. The transport from the hotel to and from Pattaya could not have been easier. The thing that made it for me is that at no point of my stay either at the hotel or in Pattaya at midnight I never once felt threatened or lonely. If you plan on visiting Pattaya stay here you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 29 May 2010

My wife and I stayed there for two weeks on a recommendation of a friend (WHAT A RESULT!!). We have travelled to many places around Thailand and stayed in many hotels some good and some not so good, as for the RIVINDRA fantastic
Its location is perfect, just a short Baht bus ride for the busy night life in Pattaya and Jomtien, yet quiet and peaceful if that is what you want. The food, service, the accommodation was all fault less. And as for the SPA in a word, Fantastic If you are in the region THIS IS the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 February 2010

Big Swimming pool, brand new hotel and rooms, & clean.

Probably it is new hotel, I feel like everything is still in good shape, only staffs may not be well communicated, but willing to help and serve.

Very quiets, beach is not really nice, but swimming pool is big, i like it.

Room is big, big bed, clean. However, internet need to pay extra.

Unfortunately, we did not try the Spa.

Breakfast is great, lot of choices.

Finally, everything seems to be OKAY. But I just do not see myself coming back here.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
yossaphon, Manager at Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2011

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your comments. We sincerely regret that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. I believe a colleague has been in touch with you regarding your concerns. We could only hope that you would consider staying with us again on your next trip to Pattaya. We would certainly welcome the opportunity to regain your confidence in our services.

Yossaphon Tangbholbhisuthi

Reviewed 31 January 2010

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sattahip
Ambassador City Jomtien
#1 of 24 in Sattahip
Movenpick Siam Hotel Na Jomtien Pattaya
Centra by Centara Maris Resort Jomtien
Sea Sand Sun Resort And Spa

Been to Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!