This hotel was recommended to us by a colleague here in Bangkok (who also has a young child) and it lived up to its recommendation.
Having lived in Thailand for over four years now - and having made a curious visit to Pattaya in our first year - we had said that we would never return to Pattaya but I think I can safely say that we WILL return to this particular hotel in the foreseeable future. It's a perfect place to escape to its close proximity to Bangkok.
The hotel itself is set far south from the "scene" and set on a quiet little beach. Whilst I wouldn't let our 2yr old set foot in the sea (who in their right mind would set foot in that water?) the hotel's 3 fabulous pools were more than fun enough. And there is even a little sandy beach at the back of the hotel for those wanting lounge chairs and sandcastle building.
My husband and I both felt that the breakfast buffet offered more than enough choices. Fresh fruit, salad, traditional western and Asian fare as well as an egg station. It seems like a small detail but as a westerner who loves her bread, I was pleasantly surprised at the diversity and quality of the toast selection. Even pumpernickel was on offer.
The rooms themselves were well appointed and roomy. The resort is designed so that just about every room has both a pool view and a sea view.
My only complaint with the hotel arose from our visit to the poolside restaurant on the very first afternoon that we checked in. I went to the restaurant and asked for a Diet Coke, an Asahi beer and a scrambled egg (for our toddler) and was told that none of those things were available. The Diet coke and the beer I can understand, But the fact that the fried rice that I ordered came with a fried egg on top ticked me off. It wasn't so much that there weren't any eggs left (as I was told) but that the staff obviously didn't know how to charge me for an egg and therefore wouldn't scramble one for us.
Having said that, the hotel offered everything that we needed as a family with a 27 month old in tow. And as helpful and accommodating as the staff were, it didn't take long to see that they are more accustomed to dealing with package tourists. Much of the hotel signage was trilingual Thai, English and Russian. One other critique that I have is that in this day and age of free Wi-Fi just about everywhere in Thailand, the hotel charged, in my opinion, extortionate rates for hourly Wi-Fi access.
We drove ourselves to the hotel in a rental car. I sense that we would have felt a little trapped had we not had our own means of transport. As I mentioned earlier, the hotel is not within walking distance of anything more remotely interesting than the highway.
On an aside, if you have the time, do check out the manufactured for tourists "floating market". We actually found it a fun way to spend a couple of hours. We found it to be more "kitsch" than "tacky". And we were expecting the latter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa is a 5-Star luxurious beach-front resort located on Na Jomtien Beach just 15 minute's drive from Pattaya City. A palm oasis and an ideal location to unwind and relax in picturesque and tranquil surroundings, Ravindra Resort has one hundred meters of uninterrupted beachfront access to a clean, sandy beach. Ravindra features contemporary Thai style low-rise accommodation with private balconies offering either a poolside, garden or sea view, and private pool villas surrounded by tropical gardens. World class facilities include a stunning beach-front infinity pool, 2 interconnected lagoon pools, a Fitness Centre, Spa, Kid's Club, Internet room, restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Ravindra Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ravindra Beach Resort And Spa
- Ravindra Beach Hotel Jomtien Beach