“The jewel in the crown of Big Corn Island”
Review of Sea Star Spa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Big Corn Island
Sea Star Spa
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Big Corn Island
London, United Kingdom
“The jewel in the crown of Big Corn Island”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We have just been lucky enough to be amongst the first guests to stay at this amazing beachside residence. I call it a residence because to call it a cabana just does not do it justice in my opinion, and it is so much more than a hotel.
Beautifully situated at one end of the longest beach on the island, with stunning views out across the ocean not just from our private balcony but even from our lovely four poster bed!

The staff and service were superb. Great hospitality, room cleaned to a very high standard everyday, and we enjoyed some excellent food too. We found it very difficult to leave this home away from home in paradise

So glad we decided to make the long journey across eastern Nicaragua to get to the Corn Islands, and to find this place to stay was the icing on the cake. We loved Big Corn. It was a perfect break from mainland Nicaragua, with the laid back Caribbean attitude we love, along with all the white sand and surf you would expect to find in this part of the World. We felt very safe on the island, especially in comparison to the mainland. I thought the security guard was unnecessary here really but it made my fiancee feel safe so it was good he was there.

All in all a highlight in our travels around the World, and one we will remember fondly always.

Room Tip: There are only four rooms, all of which are identical inside. If you are a sun worshipper then stay...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Pollo-Loco69
ladyseastar, Owner at Sea Star Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Matt,
Thank you for the amazing review, I actually teared up reading it! What you said is exactly what I am trying to achieve here. We don't just rent rooms - We offer hospitality. Devorn and Kessy still talk about your visit and even though I wasn't here to meet you, I feel like I know you. You HAVE to come back to visit again, I would love to meet you both in person. Enjoy all your travels!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We have just spent a week at the Sea Star Spa in Big Corn Island on Long Bay and had a fantastic time! The hotel is right on the beach with lovely spacious rooms and a huge balcony with uninterrupted views of the sea. The room has a big comfortable bed and cable TV, A/C etc.

We were very well looked after by the staff at the Sea Star Spa and loved it so much we decided to stay for an extra 2 days!

Big Corn itself is a beautiful caribbean island and I would highly recommend visiting before it gets discovered! Also a visit to Little Corn is a must!

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank StephandPete
ladyseastar, Owner at Sea Star Spa, responded to this review, 11 February 2013
Steph and Pete,
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Sea Star Spa! Thank you for the lovely comments on here and for the encouraging emails. Sorry I wasn't here to meet you this time and I hope you will return some day to see our progress and when I am here to meet you. The guys had good things to say about you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Corn Island
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
#1 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique Hotel
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique...
#4 of 7 in Little Corn Island

Been to Sea Star Spa? Share your experiences!