“Family Stay at Casa Canada”
Review of Casa Canada

and 1 more site!
Casa Canada
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Big Corn Island
Twin Bridges, Montana
“Family Stay at Casa Canada”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed here for 10 days. We grandparents in one cabana/room, and our family "next door." Children were treated with great attention! Loved the service, the cleaning, food, and pool. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: Great to stay in room 20! view of iguanas, and waves right there!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Janis H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

such a great introduction to this beautiful island
the rooms, food, staff & service were all 5 stars
such beautiful people to accompany a beautiful place
Ms Ebony was very accomodating & helped me get a cake for my cousins birthday on the day of our arrival
Kendy the bartender & Vielka the waitress were so nice & helpful in giving us tips on where to go on the island
we wished we could stay there for longer...we just returned & are already looking to book the next trip
the food was also great...i dont know why everyone is complaining about it
there are tons of great places to eat on the island including Casa Canada

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cecilia C
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My wife and I stayed at Casa Canada for five days and had a great stay. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us and also maintained the grounds beautifully. Our room was clean and very comfortable, with a wonderful view of the ocean with the pool in the foreground. The provided breakfasts were hardy and well-prepared and when we had dinner at the Casa Canada, the food and service was great. If you like curry, we especially recommend the shrimp or chicken curry. Of course, their lobster is also very nice. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Our room was #4 which is by the pool. We had no problem being there. However, if you want to be aw...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CMac11_13
Bilbao, Pais Vasco, Spain
Reviewed 2 January 2014

AMAZING VIEWS. All rooms open up to the infinity pool right on the Caribbean. You cannot get closer to the water. Nice, clean rooms. I loved the hammocks around the property. The food was pretty awful tho, as was most food on the rest of the island. Still, amazing hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We stayed here three nights, and it rained every day we were on the. The staff were very helpful and courteous, and most spoke pretty good English, that is to say, much better than my Spanish. The cabana we were in faced the Atlantic, and there was a good sized pool right out our door. We used it quite a bit because while it was warm, it was also rainy and the surf looked pretty rough. There is good wifi and tv, and the hotel restaurant is pretty good. Breakfast is included with the rooms, and they always included fresh fruit plus six or so options, like a typical Nicaraguan breakfast, a typical American breakfast, pancakes, french toast, etc. The hotel restaurant also serves pretty good lunches and dinners, although the food often took an hour to arrive. We enjoyed our time on the island even though the weather wasn't the greatest.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
fort worth
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I read the reviews of the hotel prior to making my reservations. I tossed and turned between going to Big or Little Corn Island.
I'm really glad I chose the hotel.
After landing on Big Corn I was picked up by the driver the manager had spoken of.
Friendly & English speaking. The hotel was maybe a 5 to 10 minute drive from the airport.
Arrived and felt right at home.
There is an infinitely pool that looks right out on the Caribbean Sea. A view to die for I think
I was taken by the manager to my room and shown how everything worked.
From there I unpacked and has myself a few Classico and Tona Beers. The Bartender (I forget your name) but here's a shout out to the job you did.
For a $1.25 a bottled beer it was a great buy.
We ended up going back to his house and to his sister's restaurant for a typical Nicaraguan meal.
A pleasure.
The island is not large. From my understanding it is 12 miles by 4 miles. I walked the whole island one day. No hilly terrain and the people I encountered were all friendly.
If you are looking for a crowd or need outside entertainment this is probably not the place you are looking for.
If you are looking to relax and unwind, then you will have found a diamond in the rough.
Probably because of the time I went the hotel was never crowded.
I had room 6 and was very satisfied with the accommodations.
Would I recommend the hotel.
Whole heartedly.
Once again, thank you Ebony, the bartender Macal- I think was his name and to the rest of the staff that made my trip memorable.

Room Tip: I had read an earlier review by someone who had recommended rooms 4, 5, or 6. I chose room y. You a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank FortWorthJeffie
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I stayed here during our honeymoon and looked at other hotels as well, but in Big Corn, where nice accommodations are lacking, Casa Canada is definitely the best choice.

Rooms - The rooms are very clean, with couches, refrigerators, great AC, hot water. All have amazing ocean views. The only complaint was the hot water while we were there. We were having an issue with the hot water in our room. They sent maintenance to fix it, but it still wouldn't work. This went for the first couple of days, until it finally was fixed. While this was a bit of an annoyance, they were very nice about it, discounted our bill, and even let us use the vacant room next to us to shower. All and all, a very minor issue.

Food - A wonderful breakfast is included, which can be delivered to room for a breakfast on the porch overlooking the ocean. They were also very accommodating on altering the "preset" breakfast items to our taste. Besides breakfast, we only ate a couple other meals at Casa Canada. We prefered to get out, explore the island and try other places. The food is decent, pretty similar to elsewhere on the island, but not the best. Price is comparatively average to slightly above for the island.

Location - We loved the location. As others have said, there is no beach right in front of the hotel. That being said, the rocky shoreline is beautiful and there is a beach within 5-10 minute walk. Also, the island is small enough that the other beaches (Sally Peaches, North End, and Picnic Center) can be reached with a short cab ride ($1-2) or even a nice walk (20 min). We rented a golf cart one day (arranged by Casa Canada)--great way to explore the island and some of the less visited areas. Plus, this side of the island is quiter and more peaceful than the western side, but you don't get to see the beautiful island sunsets.

Staff - The staff is extremely friendly and willing to help with anything. They set us up with a driver, who took us everywhere and gave us tours of the island (extremely inexpensive). We talked with them every night, they told us about their families, and even invited us over for their weekly Sunday rundon dinner!

We would definitely recommend Casa Canada to anyone coming to Big Corn!

Room Tip: Room number 20 is at the end (and away from the pool and restaurant) and right on the ocean. You can...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Sunshine Hotel
Sunshine Hotel
#3 of 7 in Little Corn Island

Been to Casa Canada? Share your experiences!