“Not sure about accommodation but staff are lovely”
Review of Grace's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Grace's Place
Sydney, Australia
“Not sure about accommodation but staff are lovely”
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights on Little Corn and were actually staying next door at Carlito's (so can't comment on accommodation), however ended up spending lots of time at Grace's, primarily due to the staff being so lovely.

We met Clifford at the dock, who from the start was super friendly, giving us all the island tips on the walk from the dock, even though we weren't staying at Grace's (our own hotel guy was silent!). We went there for dinner on our 2nd night as we wanted something close and seemed like the best option on that beach. We had lobster with coconut sauce which was pretty good, though the guy serving us, Andrew, was a total gem. He ended up having a beer with us after dinner and told us about lots of local food.

We ended up eating there the following night as they were cooking traditional food and also had breakfast there twice. We met Andrew's wife and little girl and more often than not stopped there for a night cap or two on our way home from town.

We booked a fabulous early morning fishing trip (with Willy) and a great snorkelling trip (with Charlie) through Clifford and Andrew. Both guys were super friendly and knew their stuff, both were also reasonably priced.

Everyone we met through Grace's would wave or shout hello to us when they saw us in other bars, restaurants or on the street. All super lovely guys - made us feel really at home.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BritishMigratoryBird

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Cool Spot for three nights the price was right $10 to share a room no bathroom. The hostel has potential to be super great and even could be run down a bite to give that beachy feel and has the location for sure. Here are some of the things I saw:
-a rat ate the food I had in my bag. I saw many large rats running around.
-the showers and bathrooms were so gross I felt dirty after using them
-restaurant is out of most food. You have to "ask what do you have to eat?" it's a shorter list then what they don't have.
-in the rooms you feel like things are crawling on you
-you never know who works here because no one really works at all. There is always a large group of people that sit around the tv I think they worked there.
-toilet trash was never changed
-only one bathroom had toilet paper
-no hooks in the shower
-instead of the tv on some good music would of helped the vibe
-they don't have enough fans for each room. Get the fan before you pay for the first night.
-no one cleaned anything the whole time I stayed

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Mel P

Travellers are raving about these Little Corn Island hotels

Granada, Nicaragua
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Grace´s place is a very good choice. they have a lot of different room types, cabin to cheap rooms. the location is good. close the the restaurants (10min walk) and just in front of the beach.
The beaches are nicer if you go to the north part of the island. but you can easily walk there from Grace´s.

Room Tip: bring your anti mosquito spray !
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very dirty, ants and sand in my bed when I arrived.
Bathrooms dirty and the staff just sits around all day and hangs out.
Restaurant rarely has their menu items.
Rats are there, kitchen isn't kept clean.

The place is, however, right on the water. but so are 10 other places.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank DustyM964
L
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Grace's Place also called Cool Spot is an awesome place directly at the beach in the middle of Carribean paradise! Prices are ok, food could be less expensive, staff is really friendly, helpfuld and caring about guest's expectations and wishes! (dorms, cabinas and rooms are simple but I would always go back!) I am loving it!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Marlene S
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is the most amazing placed I' ve been in a long time. My wife, my son and myself spent 3 nights in Little Corn Island that we' ll not forget that easily. The first night we stayed at Los Delfines and spent most of the time on that side of the Island. Second day we visited the other side of the island and fell in love with the place. We found out that they huts available and rented a 2 bed cabaña. The best desicion ever made. The staff was incredible. The food was fresh, sea food was mostly the catch of the day. The beach was just incredible!!!!

My special thanks to Eric, who went out of his way to get me fried yuca -fried cassava- to go along with my fried red snapper, also captain Charlie.

I'm already planning to go next year but this time for a longer stay. Please keep the island the same way: no cars, no motorcycles. See you there soon.

Room Tip: Huts by the beach are the best
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Medellin, Colombia
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I had the privilege of staying at cool spot/grace's place on and off for 2 months. It is a beautiful spot, right on the beach with a lovely fresh breeze and beautiful clear water. The rooms are simple but perfect! Thank you to tuki, jeanette and the team for the amazing food and to shaku and andrew for the incredible service and for always accomodating me. I really felt like i have a family there and i will miss it very much! Highly recommended if you are looking for a relaxed, reasonably priced spot on the island, where you be surrounded by amazing people and great vibes!

Room Tip: my favourite huts are the ones on either side of the restaurant, closest to the beach
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
#4 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Green House Hostel
Green House Hostel
#2 of 11 in Little Corn Island

Been to Grace's Place? Share your experiences!