“All round, was amazing”
Review of Grace's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Grace's Place
Reviewed 13 February 2014

The staff were extremely friendly, the views were spectacular, and although the bars and cafes were on the other side it was only a short walk to the other side. I can not understand the negative reviews at all, I absolutely loved everything about this place, and especially for the night, if you are after a 5 star resort, there are places on the island for $150+ a night. I would definitely stay here the next time I was at Little Corn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sally M

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a double room with a mosquito net here for $15US a night which is a bargain. The place itself is fairly basic but good value. Shared bathrooms with cold showers and hammocks in the corridor outside. The food in the restaurant is a bit overpriced for what it is (not very good..). When we booked this place we expected it to be a bit more of a happening place but it isn't, everyone heads over to Tranquilo cafe on the other side of the island because that has better food and where everyone hangs out so there is an atmosphere. The beach and water is OK here but is better on the other side of the island. Overall the price was right but next time i would stay on the other side of the island to save time on walking from side to side two or three times a day.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EdBS
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at Grace's Place last winter and the place is located on the best beach on the island. I do not understand the negative reviews. They are cheap and simple bungalows practically on the beach so do not expect the luxuries of a Hilton Resort. The bungalows are nicer then the majority of bungalows i stayed in during a 2 month trip in S.E. Asia. Therefore, if you are used to simple and rustic places this is perfect, but if you want heated showers and your bed turned down at night Little Corn Island all together is not your spot. Sorry that a few of you saw rats or ants...it tends to happen on islands and I am sure the entire island is plagued with the same issue. If I were to go back to the Corn Islands I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank backpacker1088
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights on Little Corn and were actually staying next door at Carlito's (so can't comment on accommodation), however ended up spending lots of time at Grace's, primarily due to the staff being so lovely.

We met Clifford at the dock, who from the start was super friendly, giving us all the island tips on the walk from the dock, even though we weren't staying at Grace's (our own hotel guy was silent!). We went there for dinner on our 2nd night as we wanted something close and seemed like the best option on that beach. We had lobster with coconut sauce which was pretty good, though the guy serving us, Andrew, was a total gem. He ended up having a beer with us after dinner and told us about lots of local food.

We ended up eating there the following night as they were cooking traditional food and also had breakfast there twice. We met Andrew's wife and little girl and more often than not stopped there for a night cap or two on our way home from town.

We booked a fabulous early morning fishing trip (with Willy) and a great snorkelling trip (with Charlie) through Clifford and Andrew. Both guys were super friendly and knew their stuff, both were also reasonably priced.

Everyone we met through Grace's would wave or shout hello to us when they saw us in other bars, restaurants or on the street. All super lovely guys - made us feel really at home.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BritishMigratoryBird
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Cool Spot for three nights the price was right $10 to share a room no bathroom. The hostel has potential to be super great and even could be run down a bite to give that beachy feel and has the location for sure. Here are some of the things I saw:
-a rat ate the food I had in my bag. I saw many large rats running around.
-the showers and bathrooms were so gross I felt dirty after using them
-restaurant is out of most food. You have to "ask what do you have to eat?" it's a shorter list then what they don't have.
-in the rooms you feel like things are crawling on you
-you never know who works here because no one really works at all. There is always a large group of people that sit around the tv I think they worked there.
-toilet trash was never changed
-only one bathroom had toilet paper
-no hooks in the shower
-instead of the tv on some good music would of helped the vibe
-they don't have enough fans for each room. Get the fan before you pay for the first night.
-no one cleaned anything the whole time I stayed

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Mel P
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Grace´s place is a very good choice. they have a lot of different room types, cabin to cheap rooms. the location is good. close the the restaurants (10min walk) and just in front of the beach.
The beaches are nicer if you go to the north part of the island. but you can easily walk there from Grace´s.

Room Tip: bring your anti mosquito spray !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very dirty, ants and sand in my bed when I arrived.
Bathrooms dirty and the staff just sits around all day and hangs out.
Restaurant rarely has their menu items.
Rats are there, kitchen isn't kept clean.

The place is, however, right on the water. but so are 10 other places.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Green House Hostel
Green House Hostel
#2 of 11 in Little Corn Island

Been to Grace's Place? Share your experiences!