I will preface this review by saying that Scott and Kristine were sold out during our trip down and we stayed at another property (you will probably read my review of that property if you are researching LCI) However, we had several meals at LCBB and toured the rooms and property with Scott, so I feel qualified in lending my opinion.
As I stated in my other review, LCI is not for everybody, nor is every property. If you know what you are getting into, you are much more apt to enjoy your stay, hence my often candid reviews.
Scott and Kristine do an incredible job running LCBB. Their almost fanatical attention to detail and customer service is evident everywhere. You will be severely tested to find another propety, anywhere that have on premise owners as dedicated to the comfort of their guests as these two.
The rooms are beatiful by any standards. They have also done a good job building their property while maintaining as much of the natural surroundings as possible. Your commute from your bungalow, past the hammocks and trees to a beautiful beach is about 20 seconds. Be sure to say hey to Lola, the resident parrot holding court in her tree. My Son and Georgie, the property pooches will be close by.
We enjoyed incredible breakfast, lunch and dinners at LCBB. Their 4 course dinner for $15 is not to be missed, and changes with what is fresh. Even if you stay elsewhere, be sure to drop by for a meal or two. Their famous porker sandwhich, signature Margarita, and toasted coconut/chocolate chip cookie lunch is worth the trip alone. You can thank me later.
Simon, behind the bar is a master at making you feel right at home and he has a series of home made cocktails that will end (or in case of the Canadian Bloody Mary) begin your day nicely.
We did not have a bad meal or drink there. They are not the cheapest place on the island, but the value for your money is incredible. I sincerely hope they have room for us on our next stay, but if they do not, I know there is a porker and marg in my future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua