Staying at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow was an absolutely wonderful experience! The grounds are gorgeous, the prettiest beach on the island is right there, and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful!
We stayed in a bungalow, it was spacious and clean. We slept with the windows open and the fan on at night which helped a lot with air flow, it's definitely hot, but tolerable! The food and drinks were delicious, they serve 4 course meals every night, with plenty of variety. You are able to put meals and drinks on your tab, which is really nice, that way you don't have to carry money on you all of the time. You also have the option to tip at each meal or you can give one larger tip at the end which the owners split up amongst all the staff. We thought this was a nice way to thank all of the hard working staff for making our stay so enjoyable! In addition they have a great water recycling program, you can pay half the price of a bottle for a refill of purified water. This also significantly helps to decrease the number of plastic bottles littered on the island!
There is good snorkeling just a short boat ride off the property (it is possible to swim), we saw lots of fish, eagle rays and hammerhead sharks! You can rent snorkel gear from the hotel or from the folks who take you out. You can also rent sea kayaks from the hotel. The water is clear, turquoise and fairly calm for the most part, which makes for great swimming as well!
You can make your way over to the other side of the island, which includes a walk through the jungle, be sure to bring flashlights/head lamps if you plan to make the walk at night. Plenty of bug spray is also key for pretty much anywhere on the island. They sell it at the hotel if you don't feel like bringing it along. There were a few good restaurants on the other side, but if you don't want to leave Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, you don't have to!
If you are looking to travel to a beautiful place, that is off the beaten path, and a bit of an adventure, then Little Corn is the place for you. If you are looking for 5-star high rises with lots of people/crazy night life, you should probably find somewhere else!
Little Corn island is a hidden gem, and Little Corn Beach and Bungalow made our experience nothing but enjoyable! Thanks for everything Scot and Kristine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua