Been to LCBB twice now, but have also tried other properties on the island. Will always stay here going forward. While on the pricier end for Little Corn, it's great in terms of what you get. The cabanas are spotless and thoughtfully designed, the staff is super responsive and we get the 5% discount in diving at Dive Little Corn. It's never a bad day here.
A couple of things could be better. The restaurant has good food in generous portions and INCREDIBLE drinks (the Marg and the Caesar), but it's all very heavy. I could have killed for a something lighter like big salad for dinner, but that really isn't on offer.
The wifi isn't reliable, and often kicked me off while trying to do basic tasks (check into a flight). I know we're trying to unplug and relax, but….Ended up having to trek across to Tranquilo for internet.
But the most important thing I think they need to address: water. Since they use rainwater for all the water in the bathrooms of the cabanas (which is wonderful for the island in terms of water consumption), that means there is no potable water in the cabana. This becomes a problem for brushing teeth and such...and the LCBB charges a nominal amount for their filtered water. Two evenings, I found myself with a mouthful of toothpaste and we had no water left, and the restaurant had shut down for the night. They really should include a daily refill of a bottle of water in the bathrooms for this use. The fact that they are the only property on the island to charge for potable water is another issue. I realize that they use a filtering process, but the result is between 9pm and 6am potable water isn't available.
Also - bring cash - credit card payments were surcharged 12% and there is no ATM on the island.
At the end of it all, this place is wonderful, the positives FAR exceed any small issues we had. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua