This place is about as high end as Little Corn gets. You do pay more for the "polished" nature of the place, but the location is incredible, and after long travel days to get there...it's nice to have a beautiful and clean place to crash.
It's an easy 5 minute walk to the main "village", and you have your choice of a couple of routes to take for variety.
We stayed in the "bunkhouse" which is behind the main casitas (they are beachfront), as it was more within out price range. It was fine, had the ocean breeze filtering in anyway, and had a nice comfy bed. It is located right next to the "utility" building at which all the washing, cleaning, etc for the resort gets done. So it was a bit noisy sometimes, and the smell of cleaning solvents was present fairly often. But this was mainly during the day, and what the heck would we want to be inside for during the day?!
We ate a few meals here at the turned turtle cafe, but found them just fair. The fish they were serving was not locally caught, which struck me as odd...as they are surrounded by water. Prices were on the high side, and sides were a steamed vegetable medly...from a bag like we get here in the USA. I don't like it here, and I had hoped for something more there, though I understand that fruits and veggies are hard to come by on Little Corn. I guess for the price, I'd just have expected the extra effort.
We didn't feel that the owners were "uptight", just well organized. They run a nice place and it shows.
Overall, the place was clean, well run, and in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua