Our family, including a 7 yo boy stayed at LCBB for six nights. The island is beautiful, an exotic change from our home in Colorado. The staff of LCBB strive hard for excellence. From what we saw and heard around the island, they clearly had the best service. After just three days relaxing in hammocks, snorkeling off the beach, walking along the radiant beach under the full moon, we felt we had been on vacation for three weeks. And, we still had seven days to go on our vacation to the Corn Islands. Time really slowed down.
Little Corn Island seems relatively undiscovered, but that seems to be changing fast. While I admire the excellence of service provided by LCBB, I fear they are setting a high standard that will raise the bar for the whole island, and ultimately attract big luxury resorts (yuck!) and tons more tourists, which would ruin this lovely place. It's happened countless times to other places. I talked to locals who said the local Corn Islands government was trying to resist/slow development, but the Nica govt wants more development.
Back to this review... Our only regret was doing the Dining and Activities package. In the end, I estimate we lost about $150 because of the D&A package. The D&A package is supposed to reward those who give most/all their business to LCBB. We did just that, and felt we indulged ourselves, but gosh we would have had to buy an awful lot more of something to even break even. We found that two meals a day was plenty (in a warm tropical climate) so we didn't benefit from the 30% off on additional meals. We did get a liter of wine, several margaritas, a bottle of rum, yoga class, etc. from LCBB. We found we could just snorkel off the beach and see amazing stuff, so there was no need to take the $20/person snorkel boat tour, for which the D&A package would have saved us $5/person. We did take the kayak out one day, which was fun, although we quickly realized we could explore more easily just walking down the beach.
I asked before our arrival if we could decide on the D&A package after we arrived, or do it for just some of the days. They said no. I think this policy is because most people would forego the package once they understand better.
Anyway, D&A package aside, we loved this place and highly recommend it to others. Thanks to the staff for their polite and professional service!
Ed, Amy and Elias
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua