“Little Corn Beach and Bungalow”

Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Charleston, South Carolina
“Little Corn Beach and Bungalow”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I can only say one thing. You must stay at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow before it's to late and are not able to travel anymore. The BEST of everything!! The Food is the BEST (don't know how they do it being this remote. The rooms are the best with the best location every. The Manager an owners are always so happy to assist with anything. Going back this November 2013.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronnie B
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
Hello Ronnie! We are so happy that we met your expectations, our accommodations, food and service. We look forward to seeing you back at LCBB.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

After my first visit in April of this year, I knew I had to go back with my husband. The main reason was for Bubba, a popsicle colored kitty whom I adore! The second reason was to show my husband, Jeff, why I fell in love with this island. LCI is about relaxation and that's what you get. A peaceful oasis paradise.
The bungalows and property are well maintained and clean. No TV's or radios to distract the sound of waves crashing on the beach. We left our front doors open all the time without fear of being stolen from. For the most part, we wanted Bubba to come and as he pleased. I brought cat food with me this time. I haven't found a store that sells it. You must love animals because they care for several. Bubba and Puff Puff are kitty siblings. Several sweet dogs, Minnow, I can't remember all their names but the smoking dog I'll never forget. His bark sounds like he's been a smoker since birth! And Lola, a rescued parrot. It was entertaining to see Dave, Scott and my husband search for her in the palm trees every night.
Our most difficult decision was when and where we should eat! The food at LCBB, Turned Turtle was better than I remembered. We thought the portions were perfect. Being Americans, we always expect more! Speaking if more, the pina colada's could have been in a larger glass...they are scrumptious! Oh, the coconut cookies are amazing too!! I wonder if they would send me some??! Or the receipe??! Hmmm, probably wouldn't be the same, I'm sure. I would haved loved a fruit smoothie before we left. Unfortunately, they had some trouble getting good bananas. Next time.
Lets see, I could go on and on with compliments. I was shocked to learn Scott and Krstine had been opened just a few years. They know what it takes to run a successful business. The staff are well trained and genuinely nice, caring people, especially Dave.
LCBB doesn't offer horseback riding, scuba diving or snorkeling but the places and people referred to you are just as great!
I was so excited to get another massage from Sara, the owner of Firefly yoga studio behind LCBB. However, Sara was visiting her family during our vacation. I was given complete access to use the studio and their equipment, (mats, blocks, cushions) for my personal yoga practice. Once Julie, Sara's colleague, arrived towards the end of the week to offer massages, I was first to sign up! Julie is a sweet lady and what a massage therapist!! Either way you choose, Sara or Julie, you come out winning!!
There is no doubt we will return. As long as it stays exactly the same!!
Thanks to everyone for a memorable holiday!!

Suzette & Jeff Klein

P.S. One suggestion, a couple more each loungers :)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stewad-s
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Boy does Bubba miss you!!! He camped out on your deck for three days after you left (he is back sleeping at our place now). Thank you for bringing your husband with you on this visit. It was a pleasure having him around and he got to be a pretty good parrot spotter too. We are super happy also that our restaurant passed muster this time around. Bubba, as well as the rest of the animal clan hope you hurry back to Little Corn Island.
BC, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our stay at LCBB was generally nice. What really struck us was how friendly the staff were and their great service. The food was very good, although a bit overloaded on butter, oil and seasonings, but it was a nice variety for such an isolated place for sure. The rooms were excellent. The property was very nice and well maintained. I appreciated how well they worked with limited resources being on this little island. We bought the RADD package but I don't think we really got our money's work from it as there were a number of factors that worked against us... the massage / yoga person (which was something we were really looking forward to) was not on the island for personal reasons so there was nothing in that area available, One of the two full days we were there was very stormy with rain downpours and thunder and wind which limited things like snorkeling and water / beach activities and then I got very sick the night we arrived and spent that whole stormy day in bed and in the bathroom, eating and drinking almost nothing! I realize that none of these things were the fault of the LCBB but we still had to pay the extra $80.00 per day while not being able to make use of it. We had one very nice day there and did get one snorkeling trip in with Elvis, which was very nice. I was really wanting to see some sharks and I did so that was fantastic!

It is quite an effort and expense to get to LCBB from the mainland, so I don't know if we would return again but I'm glad we got to experience it. It is an above average accommodation for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and restaurant, your feedback is very important to us. We do remember that you were not feeling well and we are sorry that you could not utilize all the benefits included in the RADD deal. As we mention in another review, guests occasionally forget that the "deal" also INCLUDES A 15% DISCOUNT ON YOUR CABIN. After your kind review we took a look at your specific bill and thankfully found that with this benefit you did save money. We appreciate all reviews as they help us insure that we keep the well being of our guests first in our minds. Safe travels!
south wales
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a little touch of paradise. We spent four nights at LCBB and would have stayed longer if we could. The rooms are spotless and the attention to detail was very special from the welcome piña colada to the crisp bedding neatly turned down every day. The evening meals were excellent though we found the portions very large so shared one between two. The snorkelling trip organised by the hotel is a must with sightings of rays, a turtle and several nurse sharks. From walking around the island and looking at other accommodation, we concluded this was the only place to stay on Little Corn.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thanks for mentioning the great island partners we have for snorkeling fishing, diving etc. We recommend the folks that we see trying the hardest to make their special business the best possible experience for our valued guests. It is great to hear that they are succeeding. Thank you for staying with us here at LCBB.
North Idaho
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

This is the epitome of a tropical island get away. The service was amazing; the food was the best I have had in Nicaragua; the setting was spectacular; the casitas perfect; and we had a fabulous time! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
We are excited to here that you will return for a visit someday. Meantime, we will pass your kind comments on to our great staff so they can see that their hard work and great attitudes really pay off. We hope you come back sooner rather than later!
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Super comfortable mattresses! Felt very, very safe here. Everyone rating 5 stars was telling the truth. Disney couldn't have designed this little oasis better. We did the RADD package so that we wouldn't have to carry much cash, but we needn't have worried. We would have spent less over all with out the RADD, but it was awesome to have coffee waiting at the door in the morning. The plane trip from Managua was smooth, the panga boat ride, a blast! The walk across the island, so unique. The arrival to the bungalows, so comforting.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the generous comments about your experience staying and eating with us.
One thing that people seem to overlook occasionally with our RADD deal is that along with all the other benefits afforded by the "deal" there is also a 15% CABIN DISCOUNT. Most of the time (as we review past guests bills) this one benefit really enhances the value in the utilizing the RADD deal. We hope to see you again at LCBB on Little Corn Island.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at LCBB for 6 nights at the beginning of April (apologies for being late with my review) and we quickly fell in love with this charming island paradise. Our bungalow was comfortable, super clean and cozy, and directly on the beautiful beach – we loved opening our doors in the morning and walking out barefoot on to the lovely warm sand. But what makes LCBB so exceptional is the amazing staff. Stacey, Maxine, Max and Billy go above and beyond to make your stay great. This can be said for the entire staff, they work so hard and are doing an amazing job to make sure you enjoy your stay.

The food at the Turned Turtle was delicious and we felt it was good value. It’s really amazing this place can provide such yummy food considering it's so remote.

I’m reluctant to let the secret out about this place because I don’t want it to change, but this was a great experience made even better by our new island friends. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are especially glad you enjoyed the food!

Why don't we just keep the little secret between you, us and the fence post?

Hope to see you again. Safe travels.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Corn Island
Yemaya Island Hideaway & Spa
Yemaya Island Hideaway & Spa
#2 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique Hotel
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique...
#4 of 7 in Little Corn Island
#4 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Hotel Bellavista
Hotel Bellavista
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Little Corn Beach and Bungalow? Share your experiences!