“Beach and Bungalow is simply the best place!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
León, Leon, Nicaragua
“Beach and Bungalow is simply the best place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Best food, best location, great enviroment, stunnning!!! i highly sudjest you guys visit. I went there in july and i loved it so much, the food is so great and the place is nice!

This is no doubt once of the best places i have ever been to in Nicaragua, the food is totally delicious, the service is really good and they have great things to do, this Beach and Bangalow place is a place you won't forget. I totally recommend it, it's a highlight!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
We love it when a plan comes together and we make guests happy!

Thank you so much for the "simply the best" review.

Please come back to LCI and visit us again some day.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Granada, Nicaragua
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I live in Nicaragua but this was my first trip to Little Corn. I was there on an animal welfare mission, working with dedicated, committed professionals re: spay/neutering on the island. The group was invited and sponsored by the owners of Beach and Bungalow (among others). They are also dedicated and committed professionals, and they've done a wonderful job with their property. As a person with hotel/restaurant background, I could easily see the effort that went in daily/hourly to the hospitality and quality, staff. It's a magical, lovely place to stay. If you go, check with the owners re: the projects they are involved with on the island. You might want to get involved yourself.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, 6 October 2013
First, we need to thank you for volunteering your time to help us with our 6th Annual Free Spay, Neuter and Treatment clinic. Without the selfless dedication of you and the other Vets and volunteers no amount of work or contributions on our part would make a difference. As it stands, this years clinic treated almost 150 animals and provided free t-shirts to islanders who love their animals. Thank you too for recognizing the effort that our staff puts in to provide exciting and memorable visits to our little island paradise. We hope to see you again next year for the 7th annual clinic!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

Little Corn B & B was a tremendous place to end our 3 week vacation in Nicaragua. The setting is beautiful, the staff are outstanding and the food was BEYOND AMAZING. The bungalows are nicely appointed, simple and very clean. The beds are comfortable and when you open your door in the morning to a view of the ocean and coffee on your deck....well I wish I was still there. So what did we do with our 4 kids for a week? We went swimming, played lots of board games, cards and chess. The older boys went diving, snorkeling, baseball on the beach with a stick and a few coconuts and water football (also with coconuts). The food deserves a special mention! Being remote, I am not sure how the staff managed to prepare such delicious meals but they do!! You must go .....taste and see for yourself!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle, we enjoyed having your family here at LCBB. What a fun bunch to have around! Thank you for noting the Turned Turtle Restaurants tasty food and the fact that you enjoyed the RADDeal which it sounds like helped make your stay memorable. We hope to see you all back on LCI soon!
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed here for a few days in early September, all the great reviews we read were true. We got one of the King bungelows and it was nice with a comfortable bed. The staff and food here are outstanding, one of the best steaks I can remember having in some time. Being able to relax in one of the many hammocks and then have a replacement beer delivered without having to move was priceless ! This isnt a 5 star get attention all the time kind of place which is just what we like, a relaxed but attentive staff who will check in on you from time to time. Great snorkel boat trip right from the beach for $15-20 per person which I highly recommend. We really enjoyed corn island as a whole, the west side is much different which makes the island pretty unique with all the locals and walking trails between the two coast's. We had a great stay I might say the one thing that could be improved was the lack of beach chaise loungers available, we only saw two and this place has like 8 bungelows or so, we never got to lay out at the beach :( Also the bungelows are literally two feet apart, you will hear what your neighbors are up too, just saying. All in all a great place and I hope we can return at some point. Cheers -

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Our Turned Turtle Restaurant serves the healthiest and freshest food that we possibly can. Along with that goal we try never to compromise on taste or service. We are so glad that you enjoyed the hard work of our Nicaraguan staff! We currently have 3 lounge chairs (and as noted, lots of hammocks), unfortunately, one had been broken (since repaired) while you were. We think that by the time you visit us again, there will be more beach lounge chairs. Thanks so much for your kind words and we wish you save travels!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just left LCBB on 9/13, incredible place to stay and relax. Stayed in the bunkhouse and the only "complaint" was the small deck size, then 2 days before we left they started the expansion on the deck (talk about making the customer experience better). Staff was incredible and really went out of their way to make the experience awesome for their guests. The RADD plan worked great for me and the meals were very tasty and filling. Will be going back as soon as I can but afraid that might be 2015 because of other trips planned. If anyone has any questions about this resort or my trip feel free to contact me on TripAdvisor.

Room Tip: The Bunkhouse doesn't get the breeze that the other cabanas do which makes it hotter but a short...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RMarvin99
We are constantly exploring ways to improve the experience of our valued guests and offering our RADDeal is one of the ways that we have tried to improve as a resort . Thank you for giving us valuable feedback and letting others know about your experience here with us. We do hope to see you in 2015. Safe travels!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I can only say one thing. You must stay at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow before it's to late and are not able to travel anymore. The BEST of everything!! The Food is the BEST (don't know how they do it being this remote. The rooms are the best with the best location every. The Manager an owners are always so happy to assist with anything. Going back this November 2013.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ronnie B
Hello Ronnie! We are so happy that we met your expectations, our accommodations, food and service. We look forward to seeing you back at LCBB.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

After my first visit in April of this year, I knew I had to go back with my husband. The main reason was for Bubba, a popsicle colored kitty whom I adore! The second reason was to show my husband, Jeff, why I fell in love with this island. LCI is about relaxation and that's what you get. A peaceful oasis paradise.
The bungalows and property are well maintained and clean. No TV's or radios to distract the sound of waves crashing on the beach. We left our front doors open all the time without fear of being stolen from. For the most part, we wanted Bubba to come and as he pleased. I brought cat food with me this time. I haven't found a store that sells it. You must love animals because they care for several. Bubba and Puff Puff are kitty siblings. Several sweet dogs, Minnow, I can't remember all their names but the smoking dog I'll never forget. His bark sounds like he's been a smoker since birth! And Lola, a rescued parrot. It was entertaining to see Dave, Scott and my husband search for her in the palm trees every night.
Our most difficult decision was when and where we should eat! The food at LCBB, Turned Turtle was better than I remembered. We thought the portions were perfect. Being Americans, we always expect more! Speaking if more, the pina colada's could have been in a larger glass...they are scrumptious! Oh, the coconut cookies are amazing too!! I wonder if they would send me some??! Or the receipe??! Hmmm, probably wouldn't be the same, I'm sure. I would haved loved a fruit smoothie before we left. Unfortunately, they had some trouble getting good bananas. Next time.
Lets see, I could go on and on with compliments. I was shocked to learn Scott and Krstine had been opened just a few years. They know what it takes to run a successful business. The staff are well trained and genuinely nice, caring people, especially Dave.
LCBB doesn't offer horseback riding, scuba diving or snorkeling but the places and people referred to you are just as great!
I was so excited to get another massage from Sara, the owner of Firefly yoga studio behind LCBB. However, Sara was visiting her family during our vacation. I was given complete access to use the studio and their equipment, (mats, blocks, cushions) for my personal yoga practice. Once Julie, Sara's colleague, arrived towards the end of the week to offer massages, I was first to sign up! Julie is a sweet lady and what a massage therapist!! Either way you choose, Sara or Julie, you come out winning!!
There is no doubt we will return. As long as it stays exactly the same!!
Thanks to everyone for a memorable holiday!!

Suzette & Jeff Klein

P.S. One suggestion, a couple more each loungers :)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank stewad-s
noplansnoreserve, General Manager at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Boy does Bubba miss you!!! He camped out on your deck for three days after you left (he is back sleeping at our place now). Thank you for bringing your husband with you on this visit. It was a pleasure having him around and he got to be a pretty good parrot spotter too. We are super happy also that our restaurant passed muster this time around. Bubba, as well as the rest of the animal clan hope you hurry back to Little Corn Island.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Corn Island
#4 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Hotel Los Delfines
Hotel Los Delfines
#6 of 7 in Little Corn Island

Been to Little Corn Beach and Bungalow? Share your experiences!