Well let me start with this couple should not be running a hotel. They have zero personality for this line of work.
Your stay starts with a free beer or 1/2 off his $7.00 margaritas. (check prices before you buy) as he sits down with you for 30 minutes to go over the hotel and his prices, eg. $10.00 for laundry, $7.00 drinks, he will fill you water bottle from the city well water for .70 the well water is very good but free from other hotels near to him, sunscreen $17.00, bug spray $16.00, dinners are from $12 to $16, the lobster being the most at $16 but in town 2 lobster tails are $7.00. Just as good. Im sure he is getting them from the same guys.
¨Eco friendly his brochure reads....of course he used a boat to get supplies this is the ONLY way to get them, he saves rain water or at least a little from the roofs in very small barrels the rest is from the well. He asks you to not flush "yellow" to save the supply, yet is watering his whole garden with the well water every morning. Letting the waste water from the cabins drain out into the sand. He washes his $15.00 an hour Kayak rentals with the fresh well water. He is spraying the cabins with chemical pestisides..why not put up mesh screens over the chicken wire?
He is also burning all the trash in a huge "eco¨ friendly pile in the back.
No solar power at all.
The rooms are nice and clean they are a little overpriced... maybe by $20 a night.
The cabins with the loft should NEVER be rented!, they actually need to remove the bed from the loft area. You are 5 feet from the tin roof and it is 95% outside and hotter inside. We told them about this problem and they said to put a wet towel on yourself at night?!
We also went out fishing and was told for $5 each they would fix the fish.
When we got back from fishing we brought 3 little fish in to have cooked they said they were too busy and could cook only one of them. we took the fish next door to Carlitos Place and they cooked all of them at one time for $1 per person.
The beach was nice the rooms were nice the staff was polite BUT not friendly, everything seemed to be a hassle for them. I would spend my money elsewhere on Little Corn, less of it and have a more relaxing time!
OH...I see a lot of the 5 stars they got were from their home town and/or before the hotel even opened how ODD?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Both Little Corn Beach and Bungalow (LCBB) and Little Corn Island were recently listed in the New York Times #1 Best Selling Travel book, "1000 Places to See Before You Die." Recently, the Travel and Leisure website listed LCBB as 1 of 27 "Best Affordable Island Hotels" in the world. Come and join us on this beautiful remote tropical island. Experience an extraordinarily scenic and unique Caribbean world while stepping back in time. We offer relative comfort while respecting the island's delicate eco system. No cars, motorcycles, golf carts or airport disguise the fact that it is relatively easy to find this paradise. Come and see Little Corn Island before it becomes just another Caribbean island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Little Corn Beach and Bungalow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Hotel Little Corn Island
- Little Corn Beach And Bungalow Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua