“honeymoon paradise”

Little Corn Beach and Bungalow
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 8 June 2010

we stayed at little corn b&b for the first two days of our honeymoon, then went to big corn for the last two--but kept wishing we had stayed at lcbb for the whole thing! it was completely peaceful, relaxing, and wonderful. the restaurant was great, the service and hospitality were fantastic. we keep dreaming about being in those hammocks again! i wouldn't stay anywhere else on the islands; we'll definitely go back to lcbb!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank emrod89

Reviewed 29 May 2010

We stayed here in March, and this is the first time we've reviewed a place on Trip Advisor, so here goes:
After staying a few days at another local hotel - we may still review them later - we became aware of Little Corn Beach & Bungalow through two other guests staying there. We just wish we had found out about it sooner, as we were only able to stay for our last 2 days on the island. Once we got there, we didn't want to leave until the last possible moment to catch the panga boat to the airport. Scot and Kristine are the consummate hosts, making us feel at home from the moment we stopped by to check on room availability, right up to when we checked out, even sending a guide to help show us the way back to the front side of the island when we weren't sure.
They are the hidden oasis on Little Corn, and in a way, we selfishly wouldn't mind if it stayed that way. We felt like Robinson Crusoe living in a beautiful tree house. Their drinks were superb (Mega margarita's - I was hammered after just 2), their awesome meals - the restaurant actually has a tree house style design - defied the remote location, and their staff were courteous and helpful, actually downright friendly, like they were old friends.
The bungalow's are well designed, using as much natural materials as possible, with lots of attention to detail, and they were immaculate. We felt very safe at night, as they designed in some creative security features as well. The beds were very comfortable, and our bedroom had a pedestal fan to keep us cool - on top of the constant breeze blowing through the room.
We spent much of our time laying in hammocks that are spread out over the immaculately kept grounds, sipping drinks and noshing on their guacamole and home made chips, which the staff brings right to you. Also, if you don't feel like eating inside the restaurant, you can also sit at any of the properties shady beachside palapas (sp?)
In reading some other reviews, it's mentioned that they are a little higher priced than some of the others on some things. But ya know what? Treat yourself! Honestly, there is no other place on the island that that we found that compares for overall ambiance, service, comfort, and quality. It's called "value", and that's worth a little extra to us.
And by the time we left, we felt like we now have 2 new "old friends" with Scot and Kristine. You will NOT regret a stay at LCBB! It's also hands-down the most romantic location on the island.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChazBoyle
Reviewed 28 May 2010

I have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone who visits Little Corn. I’m extremely glad I stayed here. Scot and Kristine run an excellent business and are very, very friendly and hospitable. They also hire friendly locals as staff and train them in American management methods – you always feel you are getting great, efficient service. It’s a gem for those willing to pay a tiny bit more for quality and a good location away from the Village (a 15-20 minute walk from the Village through beautiful jungle, but fortunately not as isolated as the far northern parts of the island so visiting the Village is not an issue if you choose to do so). In my view, this is the nicest and most well-maintained property on the island (even the hammocks are the widest and nicest I saw there) and the grounds are quite pretty too. And great food for every meal if you don’t want to leave your hammock! Fresh and delicious!

Just to be fair to other travelers, I will mention that I did have my carry on knapsack (including a chunk of cash and camera) stolen while on the island while closing my eyes for a few minutes on a relatively deserted stretch of beach – near “Georgina’s” shack – you’ll see a sign saying Georgina outside the shack. Apparently Georgina and her partner are well-known hobo thieves on the island. As soon as it happened, Scot and Kristine immediately got the mayor of Little Corn over (they know him personally), and two police officers followed soonafter and got on the case. The mayor, Mr. Oron (sp?) was especially professional and concerned about my well-being. In the meantime, Scot and Kristine were amazingly accommodating regarding my potential payment method (since I had to cancel my credit card), and gave me their camera to use and a new memory card so I could continue to take pictures (I took the card with me after). They were consummate professionals. Within a couple of hours, and after incenting the suspects with a 40 dollar tip, my bag was returned by the thieves (minus the cash, but with essentially everything else inside, including camera). I would say the island generally feels safe but you need to take precautions, especially if solo (Scot and Kristine told me I was their first guest ever who experienced something like this). In general though, the people of Little Corn are very friendly and I wouldn’t let my experience deter you from going – hit it before it becomes developed, because that’s a big part of the charm – walking through the jungle barefoot to your personal beach bungalow and living the life.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2010

An upscale hostel that offers great service and excellent food. Portions are slightly small but the hospitality and quality make up for this!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2010

If you value comfort and want beachfront accommodations, Little Corn Beach and Bungalow is really the only place to stay on Little Corn. Kristine and Scott are very accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay a relaxing one. Also, the restaurant probably has the best food and drinks on the island.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 May 2010

Kristine and Scot have taken a little piece of remote paradise and added all of the mod cons and little attentions to detail that really make this somewhere to remember. The bathrooms are immaculate and the rooms are comfy, the food is fantastic and the whole thing is reasonably priced. With friendly local staff and great hosts we had a fantastic 3 days here and we would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2010

We Spent 12 wonderful days at Little Corn b&b. Everything was exceptional, Scott and Krisitine were wonderful hosts and have created a true gem of a place. Without a doubt the best place to stay on Little Corn, (or anywhere). Best food on the island, we often shared a meal because the portions were large, great margaritas, exceptional staff, Mike and Ronald always greeted us with a smile and called us by name. The casitas where simple and cozy, the onshore breeze through the open doors kept things very comfortable. Bottomless great coffee was ready at 6:15, in time to view beautiful sunrises. The highlight of the trip for me was the amazing Bonefishing, I caught and released 75 ! Bones , most right in front of LCBB. WE will return. Thanks so much Scott and Kristine.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
0 mi away
Hotel Los Delfines
Hotel Los Delfines
#5 of 7 in Little Corn Island

Been to Little Corn Beach and Bungalow? Share your experiences!