All reviewsradd dealturned turtlemaster suitepina coladalittle cornplace to stayfilet mignonbest food on the islandother placesfishlittle slice of heavenyour luggageocean breezeeach mealthe entire staffbeach frontnurse sharks
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Spent 3 nights here in July and had a fabulous time! We really enjoyed Little Corn Island, and thought Little Corn Beach & Bungalow was the perfect hotel choice for us. Both are absolutely worth a visit for those looking for a very laid-back, off-the-beaten-path island and resort!

For a much more detailed review with photos: http://travelprincessatl.blogspot.com/2010/10/nicaragua-part-2-little-corn-island.html

Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2010

I CANNOT BEGIN TO TELL YOU HOW TRULY AMAZING THIS LITTLE RESORT IS!!!

Let me first say that I travel all the time, both for business and for pleasure. When I travel for business I like a large, full service, modern, clean hotel with all the modern amenities in the hotel or next door. When I travel for pleasure I like to have a more laid back restful experience, and my favorite locations are right on the oceanfront.

Little Corn Island is a beautiful island that sets the perfect stage for an amazing relaxing experience. Little Corn Beach and Bungalow is situated in a remote location of the island that truly makes you feel as though you are all alone on a tropical island paradise. The resort has been very tastefully designed, decorated and landscaped to fit perfectly into this natural location. The resort is located right on a wonderful sandy beach that is safe to swim and play in, the beach also has an outer reef for those who want to go snorkel around and look at the fish. When I booked this trip I knew what the beach was like since I had visited the island for one afternoon a year ago. What I did not expect was great accommodations, great service and amazing food and drink. This little resort has food and drinks, all day long, that can compete with the best in any large USA city. The food and drinks are truly amazing and I do not know how the staff can possible prepare such culinary delights in such a remote location but they do.

Little Corn Beach and Bungalow is the most amazing overall experience resort I have ever had the pleasure of staying at and I am so looking forward to the day when I can return!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank SunSandH20
Reviewed 3 December 2010

My partner and I spent five days on Little Corn Island. Arriving on the later boat we opted to stay in the town on the first night as darkness was falling. We stayed in a cement block apartment with no personality or view. The next day we searched the entire island and opted to stay at LCBB, which is by far the best accommodation on the island. It has hot water, free WiFi, spectacular views, heavenly hammocks and the bungalows themselves are really spacious and private. The accommodation is on the cleanest beach on the island and they employ a groundsman to keep things clean and tidy, as well as very pretty.

The owners were lovely - friendly and welcoming but not too intrusive. They have 2 lovely dogs and have adopted a lovely parrot who can be seen all day chilling in one of the small trees. They rent out snorkelling gear so you can go off on your own adventure or they help organise a trip on a boat with a snorkelling guide, which is well worth the money as the reef is quite far out from the shore. The staff who work at the restaurant are lovely. The food is top notch too. If you get the chance have the eggs benedict.

I would definitely recommend this place for couples looking for a relaxing, romantic hideaway.

Reviewed 30 November 2010

Imagine laying in a hammock while the light breeze sways you to the rythum of the surf and a beautiful native brings you the finest margaritas you will ever have in your life. AHHH HEAVEN!
Details: This place is Eco Friendly Rustic. You will not get cable TV here or be able to get your nails done. The owners have designed each cabanna to be comfortable yet eco freindly. The tin roofs collect rain wanter which is used for the shower and sink. (yes the tin roof can be loud in a rain storm but it put us right to sleep) The cabins are well ventilated with windows and placed to maximize air flow and beautiful white mosquito nets are provided for the pests although when we were there the bugs were not an issue at all. we didnt even use the bug spray we had brought along.
This place is an oasis from everyday life and they provide everything you will need to be content and at peace. The staff is gracious and helpful without being obtrusive. The cook is amazing and the menu ranges from steak and lobster to curry with vegtables and rice for dinner, to "from scratch" coconut french toast to hevos rancheras for breakfast. We were expecting to loose weight on our trip, after all were in nicaragua! Not here no! Every meal was amazing! (did i mention their margaritas?? YUM)

Do yourself a favor when you make your reservation and ask Scott to set you up with a boat driver, he will send Elvis (or other trusted local) and his smaller ponga to come get you. its expensive but its very much worth it, specialy if you arrive in stormy weather or are not to sure about crossing open ocean in a small boat.

I will return and i will bring my 4 yr old and my friends!

Reviewed 30 November 2010

If your idea of a beach vacation includes a spa suite on the 15th floor and hanging out by the pool after shopping all day, then this place is not for you. However, if you are like me, this place is Heaven. From the moment we got on the island we were taken care of. Friendly staff met us at the boat and carried our luggage the short walk through the jungle path to the bungalows. As we arrived we were offered drinks and shown our room. Simple in construction yet comfortable. We were shown some of the features of the room and left to relax for a few minutes before we signed for our rooms. We were skeptical about the food given the remoteness of the island. We could not be more wrong. The food was excellent and the drinks were even better. The quality of service and food would rival most 4star hotels. It was clear that each and every detail we encountered on the property was handled with a personal level of care for each and every guest.

The only problem we encountered on our trip was from the boat from Big Corn Island. To avoid this problem I recommend spending a little extra and have the hotel book a private boat. We did this for the return trip and had a much improved trip.