All reviewsradd dealturned turtlemaster suitepina coladalittle cornplace to stayfilet mignonbest food on the islandother placesfishlittle slice of heavenyour luggageocean breezeeach mealthe entire staffbeach frontnurse sharks
Reviewed 9 February 2011

My wife and I had a great time here with one caveat, which I shall save until last so not to dissuade the reader from staying here. Scott and Christina have done a great job with this place. The rooms, although primitive (we had cold showers because the island had no electricity during our stay) are clean and comfortable. The restaurant serves very good food overall. The snapper and lobster were excellent, the breakfasts were consistently good, the only thing we weren't to fond of were the baby back ribs we ordered for dinner one night.
O.K., here is the caveat. Scott, if you are reading this I hope you will take it to heart. The reef right off of the hotel is promoted as a good place to snorkel. My wife and I made the mistake of trying this and we came very close to drowning. Although we were ultimately responsible for making the decision to do this we felt that the advise we got from the hotel was grossly inadequate. We somehow missed the reef which lies about 150 yards off shore (which we didn't know was possible) and then got pushed back into the reef by the large breakers (waves) outside of it. Besides getting pretty scratched up on the coral we lost half of our gear. My wife is not a strong swimmer and begin to panic, as attempted to make it back to shore we hit strong currents that greatly impacted our progress. Fotunately we made it! Please, if you decide to snorkel in front of this hotel use caution!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Petemm
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I think this is the best place to stay in Little Corn. Owners very friendly and service minded, including helpful in setting up activities with third parties, such as fishing, kayaking, scuba, etc. I like their environmental awareness. I liked the dog with the under-bite. Seriously delicious homemade pina colada with coconut shavings. I had the best red snapper I have ever had, prepared by Gladys in the kitchen. The bungalows are very neat, clean, and simple, almost Japanese in design. Only drawback is that my bungalow was too close to the kitchen, so i was woken up each morning at 5.30am when the staff arrive. Hammocks are wonderful. The beach is right there! One suggestion: slightly larger beds please! I am 5'11'' and I had to lie diagonally to avoid touching the mozzie nets. Net net, however, I strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 January 2011

The best & nicest place to stay, we didn't, no room available, but we did eat some meals there. If your tired of lobster and fresh fish, they always have something new and delicious. Great atmosphere, but off the beach so bring bug spray as sometimes the mosquitoes are bad.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2011

I didn't stay here, but passed by and had lunch. Best Pina Colada anywhere....anywhere. Made fresh and tasted amazing. Worth a trip to Little Corn all by itself!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
noplansnoreserve, Owner at Little Corn Beach and Bungalow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2011

:) Thank you for the kind words about our The Turned Turtle Restaurant and bar, with praise like that the next Pina Colada for you is on us!

Reviewed 14 January 2011

We stayed here for six days. We traveled with our 7 year old daughter and she love every minute of it, even the "Indiana Jones" crossing in a small panga from the Corn Island- and adventure in itself.
This is one of those little places where everything has been done right but without excess and a lot of ingenuity. They are very environmentally concern from the capture rain water that is used in the showers to a top of the line septic system, and this is the right thing to do in such small little island where the population as increase tremendously in the last ten years.
The bungalows are rustic but very comfortables and the food in their little restaurant is one of the best in the island (they even serve vegetables - believe me, you will miss vegetables in Little Corn Island). The beach front is problably the cleanest in the island. The owners and staff are really friendly and the service is great. Staff speaks Spanish and English.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family