“complete paradise staff rocks!!”
Review of Casa Iguana

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Little Corn Island
Casa Iguana
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“complete paradise staff rocks!!”
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Never have my wife or myself felt so comfortable,from arrival to the departure. We stayed in casita #4 located next to the jungle, it felt completely secluded from the rest of the world. The only sound we would hear at night was the pounding surf and wrestling palm tree's. The porch over looked the beautiful Caribbean sea, with two hammocks to relax in. The guest house was a convenient walk and always offered a cold drink and incredible authentic island cuisine, every meal be it breakfast, lunch or dinner was terrific. The staff is the most accommodating and fun group we could have encountered, from a rocking game of volleyball to just hanging out they are great. And just because you are on and island doesn't mean there is nothing to do from snorkeling right out front to long walks on the beach your time will fly by. LOOSE THE WATCH AND CELL PHONE AND ENJOY LIFE AS IT WAS INTENDED.. Dave and Julie

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 15 August 2011

If you read the history of reviews here on trip advisor you will note that this property has a reputation for inconsistent service. The staff generally is there to party and you as a guest are an intrusion into their scene. The cabanas and casitas are not much more than camping. The owner lives in Chicago and only makes short, infrequent trips to monitor things. The food is sometimes good but most times bad and expensive. I agree with other reviewers here that the location is beautiful and the property itself is well manicured but that doesn't justify being treated like an intruder into a private party.
Little Corn Beach and Bungalow is by far your best option for this side of the island but even some of the other options would be more welcoming than this place.
What. Shame such a beautiful place is so poorly run.

Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank ticotrvlr
Newport Beach, CA
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Location was close enough to town and other restaurants.
Is exactly as described from web site.
Staff was wonderful!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed there for 5 nights, and generally the cabañas are ok to the price (but I think this varies from cabaña to cabaña) and the location is really good. However the staff here seemed to be more concerned about their own life that to service the customer. Often it felt like the staff only was there to go to the beach... etc.

One day with 10 minutes notice we were told that we had to change cabaña - not very serviceminded, at least the could have told us earlier. On top of that, the beds in the new cabaña were filled with ants, and the cabaña was also smaller, but still to the same price.

Our general review is that it's an okay place to stay, because there aren't that many choices on Little Corn Island, but we heard from many that Beach and Bungalow is better (plus they also give their local staff a higher salary than Casa Iguana).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gitte_reviewer
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2011

I truly was looking forward to our stay in Casa Iguana. I had done lots of research, read up on it and looked at reviews. Unfortunately the idea that was portrayed is not what we received. Casa Iguana is a LOVELY resort, I do mean that. The grounds are beautifully manicured, the casitas are adorable and the location is superb. It was until about the second night when the rosiness of it all started to fade away.

First of all, you get to sleep in a DOUBLE bed, so for anyone over the size of 5´5´´ you may want to rethink that, and especially if you are planning on sharing the bed with someone. There are NO fans in the room and with a mosquito net over your bed you are absolutely suffocating. I did not sleep the entirety of our trip there and woke up every night to take a cold shower to cool off. I could barely breathe. (I had already been in the country for 10 days, so this was not me adapting to the climate either). In addition, the bedding was moldy, the pillows were completely covered in mould and the towels that were provided we absolutely disgusting, totally covered in mould, and were not replaced until the 2 last day of our stay- after we had gotten our own. I understand it’s a tropical climate but come on.

Second, the food was a rip off, dinner was ok, breakfast was ok, lunch-DON´T do it. It was definitely over priced in all, and the drinks as well were on the pricey side too.
Third, the beach. To actually hit some nice open clean beach, you have to walk down to another hotel....disappointing.

Fourth, the staff...aside for a select few-one American girl who let us use her flashlight and the local staff everyone was extremely rude and made us seem like complete outsiders. The people working there have a clique and they will not let you be apart of it. I´m not expecting a 5 star resort here, but a little courtesy and information about the island and what they think is fun to do and where to go would be nice. Thankfully the neighbor -captain whiskas- was more then willing to offer us some words of advice, even walking us to where we wanted to go. In fact, there´s a dog on the island who showed us more courtesy and attention, even walking us right to our room in the middle of the night. Extremely disappointing. Even upon check out where, word of advice, you are charged 5% extra to use your credit card, the guy working there told us that our next destination (Big corn) ¨sucked¨.

On a side note –MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A FLASHLIGHT, No wifi, the tin roof when it rains is deafening, and its not a bomb that landed on your little casita, its a coconut.

All in all, this place is extremely over priced and over rated. I hardly ever listen to bad reviews, I go with the majority, which is what I did in this regard, but trust me, after our stay and speaking to others who were travelling around the island the same time as us there are better places. Ones the have queen sized beds and fans in the rooms. And are still bungalows, oh and are cheaper... and nicer. (Little Corn beach and Bungalow) Which is not mentioned in the Nicaragua travel book that everyone has because it was republished in 2009 when that place was being built.

Please, do yourself a favor and listen to this review. I don’t like pick apart a place but if you’re tall, and want a good night sleep and want to save a little dough, stay somewhere else. You wont get your moneys worth here.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank LGadventures
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2011

The whole experience of visiting Casa Iguana was awesome. The journey in getting there alone gets you in the mood for a solo, natural and slightly adventurous experience. I was able to ride the small prop plane as the initial flight was overbooked. This was a much better ride with a big window to experience our low-altitude flight to Big Corn. Be sure to have your stuff wrapped up tight for the boat ride over to LCI as it can get a little rough...and wet. Lastly, a short walk through the town and your at Casa Iguana. Time to chill. The food here is absolutely delicious. You'll have no trouble finding things to do from scuba diving, snorkeling hiking, fishing...and, doing nothing at all seems to be a local favorite, too. You can eat and drink very cheaply. I'd absolutely return. Be sure to check the seasons and determine which best suits your expectations.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I loved Casa Iguana despite the torrential rain during my entire stay. I only stayed 2 days and I was told upon my arrival it wasn't enough. I agree if it wasn't for that pesky rain but after 2 days it was time to go. Needless to say I spent most of my time in the restaurant area which was good because I made new friends and we all had a great time chatting about our travels and life in general. Staff were great as well, though during the day it was difficult to find someone to help, which I suppose isn't a problem during the "sunny season".

The casitas are very basic but in Little Corn standards they are pure luxury. I opted for a casita with it's own bathroom and shower. There is no hot water which ain't a problem, I suppose, if it's hot weather. The I stayed in Casita 2 which had one of the best views, over-looking one of the many beaches.

Food was excellent. I only had one evening meal there but it was cooked to perfection. So yummy and moreish.

Location, it was remote enough to be away to be a quiet haven away from the main strip but close enough to walk to the main strip within a few minutes.

My only criticism is that it's easy to get lost during your first day/night there. The paths don't have signs for the casitas needless to say I got lost in the middle of the night after a night in town (fortunately there were other guests around to help me). There are signs for reception and to the town but it wouldn't go a miss if they put up signs directing you to the casitas.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Yemaya Island Hideaway & Spa
Yemaya Island Hideaway & Spa
#2 of 7 in Little Corn Island
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique Hotel
Las Palmeras Beachfront Boutique...
#4 of 7 in Little Corn Island
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island
La Princesa de la Isla
La Princesa de la Isla
#3 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Casa Iguana? Share your experiences!