We stayed here in early Nov. 2013. Fantastic experience.
1) right on the ocean
2) Hammocks on cabana decks overlooking the ocean thru the palm trees
3) Easy walking distance to the centre of things ie. great restaurant "Desideri's" (10 min)
4) Food at Casa Iguana was excellent although we ate at other restaurants as well.
5) Canopy of palm trees throughout the property sheilds U from the intense sun. This is a major plus for us. Canopy of palms plus steady eastern breeze keeps one cooler.
6) We paid $55.00/night a rate offered when you stay more than 3 days. We thought this was good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean as it used to be: An island, a culture, and a way of life that hasn't yet felt the impact of the 20th century. Opening its doors in 1994, CI became Nicaragua's first eco-lodge. Relax on its 40 acre reserve and explore its secret coves, jungle and farm. Whether or not you are a guest at Casa Iguana, we invite you to join us for our famous breakfast, lunch or dinner and enjoy cocktails and lounging in our lodge to take in the best view on the island and meet interesting people! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Casa Iguana Hotel Little Corn Island
- Casa Iguana Little Corn Island, Corn Islands, Nicaragua