“Great Expectations”

Hotel Los Delfines
Canada
“Great Expectations”
Reviewed 30 April 2008

My partner and I decided to visit Little Corn Island from our home in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. The website and room rates indicated that this would be the best choice for us. We were willing to pay an extra buck or two for some amenities. Air conditioning, proximity to the beach and quiet were three things that appealed to us. Our experience however was not good! When we arrived we were given a room that was dark, infested with bugs, and had a 'suicide shower'. ( Every time I touched the faucet I received a significant shock. ) The view room promised was indeed a view room: of the pile of garbage in the neighbouring lot. The foul and fusty smelling air inside the room and the constant bug activity in the bed meant no one slept a wink! When I moved the bed away from the wall, one could see a plethora of insect carcasses. They obviously sprayed with BayGon, but never washed the floors under the bed. Besides that, the generator that ran at all hours, seemed to be in the very next room. The air conditioner worked ( sort of) but was so unbelievably noisy it wasn't worth turning on! The service at the beach side 'restaurant' was surly and the cutlery needed a good wash. The next day, I asked for a different room. When I checked the condition of the new one offered, again, I spotted ants and flies everywhere, along with the 'suicide' shower. I declined and got on the next panga back to Big Corn Island. We were so disappointed! We wanted to be able to stay for at least 4 days to do some diving but had to cancel those plans because the hotel could not provide even basic clean accomodations. We are NOT fussy people and are experienced travelers but I now tell anyone I can who is traveling to Little Corn Island to avoid this establishment.

• Liked — Located right on a beautiful beach with wonderful warm water
  • Disliked — The room was not 'habitable'.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14 Thank IrisCanada

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Little Corn Island
#5 of 7 in Big Corn Island
Hotel Morgan
Hotel Morgan
#6 of 7 in Big Corn Island

Been to Hotel Los Delfines? Share your experiences!