“Great experience and great crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dolphin Dive

Dolphin Dive
Raleigh, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great experience and great crew”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I went with my sister and a friend to Little Corn and to specifically dive with Dolphin Dive after a friend’s recommendation and they didn’t disappoint. Even with a slight scheduling mix-up in the beginning, Adam (runs the shop) quickly fixed it for us and we were on our way to diving 20 dives that week. My sister was doing her Advanced certification while we were there and Stephanie and Jen took great care of her and she learned everything she needed to know. We got to dive with Garry and Molly all week and it was a complete blast. Terrence (or Tree Chainz as we call him) was our amazing captain and took great care of us. Everything was well run, the briefings were great and the gang was fun to hang around with. We also stayed at Los Defines right next door, so it couldn’t have been more convenient. We went on two night dives which were two of the most amazing night dives I’ve ever had because of the bioluminescence. And what great dives for my sister’s first night dives! The second dive we had our lights off for about 15 minutes and it was like being inside the Avatar movie. I highly highly recommend doing this and just leaving your light off for as long as you can! We hit as many sites as we could on the one side of the island due to the time of year and wind on the other side, so we also missed out on any hammerhead sitings. But that just leaves me a reason to go back! We made some great friends at Dolphin Dive and I highly recommend checking them out if you’re heading to Little Corn. Thanks guys!!!

Visited April 2014

“Amazing Experience!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Diving with Dolphin Dive was an amazing experience. The instructors were very fun and helpful about everything. I got my open water certification within a couple of days, and later enjoyed many dives in the beautiful reefs around Little Corn. Dolphin Dive is the way to go if you are looking for a beautiful place to dive with an amazing set of dive instructors. I'm looking forward to my next trip back.

San Jose, California
“Amazing!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was such a perfect experience! I was able to get certified and get up to my 14th dive at Dolphin Dive, and every time was breathtakingly beautiful. I always felt safe, and every dive was more than worth it. And the night dives are the best! Try it-- you won't be disappointed! The instructors are calm, easy to talk to, and fun! I had a great time not only diving and learning from them, but also just talking to them about anything. They are knowledgable, fun, and organized-- would definitely recommend!!!

New York City, New York
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“5 GOLDEN STARS FROM ME & MANY OTHERS :-)”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

As a PADI Rescue Diver I am always cautious of where I dive and never rush into a dive lodge with a set of fins and mask, without checking out the facilities and vibe first. I was absolutely delighted to find Dolphin Dive after I wandered into another dive shop but wasnt served and was fairly much ignored sadly but they were busy I guess.

Immediately I entered Dolphin Dive I was impressed by over hearing a thorough and professional discussion with a group of new divers wanting to try a DSD (Discover Scuba Dive) whilst at the same time planning a night dive for 6 divers and also dealing with 3 groups of divers heading out on the boats.

The dive lodge is superbly clean and tidy with new gear where is possible and older gear that is still perfectly useable (this is Nicaragua remember). The booking system is faultless and Adam the English Manager runs the place with a perfect air of friendliness and fun but is a consummate professional and Dive Instructor himself. Adam's team of DI's and DM's are absolutely superb. Gary is a DM unlike anyone I have ever met before who sees stuff before I even know its there.

Diving packages start at $65 for a DSD and the more you dive the cheaper it gets ($35 a dive as standard). Courses start at $305 for a Open Water. Discounts are available if you stay at certain places on the island.

The safety briefs and dive briefs are delivered with a perfect amount of info and fun and its all about getting you into the water and seeing stuff. When things go wrong under water (and they do) these DM's and DI's are on it like machines and the dive continues.

Multi lingual and superbly fun. Expect to see on a daily basis, Blue Spotted Eagle Rays, Southern Stingrays, Turtles, Nurse Sharks, Reef Sharks and many many more things.

100% dive here. I have done 35+ dives so they must be doing something right. Night dives are $45 and so so worth it to see the bio luminescense.

Having just checked through some of the previous reviews Id like to say that everyone is entited to their opinions but sometimes people miss the point. Adam runs a very busy dive lodge and if you require 20 minutes of his time as a boat is about to go out, he may be a little busy but will deal with you later that is for sure. Sometimes people just cant get on with diving or dont listen to their instructors or RDs and seem to take to Trip Advisor which I find a touch sad.

I would rate this place as good as any PADI 5* CDC that ive dived at all over the world.

Well done Dolphin Dive Team.

2 Thank lazyblueskies
Kansas City, Kansas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Adam was great. He went out of his way to be sure I had all the information I needed prior to arrival. He even emailed me the week of our trip to let me know that spots were filling up, so we could be sure to get dives scheduled. (Sidenote: He responds to email faster than anyone else on the island.)

We went on 2 dives with divemaster Gary and had a fantastic time! He obviously loves what he does and his enthusiasm is contagious. We saw all types of creatures, including a HUGE stingray and lots of nurse sharks.

We did have a regulator malfunction toward the end of our first dive, but Gary handled it calmly and professionally. If I ever make it back to Little Corn, I'll definitely be diving with Dolphin Dive again.