“Steak in Nica??”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

After seeing the cattle down south i was a little reluctant to order up a tenderloin but...when we visited Toro, Steak is your best option because thats what they specialize in. I come from Alberta where beef is first class and this beef here was also great. Would recommend to all to dine out here.

3  Thank Phil I

Reviewed 14 March 2013

A well cooked nice cut of steak is hard to find in Nicaragua but, this place has nailed it. While it may be just a "normal' steak compared to American standards if you have spent any time in Central America you will by happy to find this little mountain gem. The ribeye was $8 and wonderful glass of malbec was $3. The atmosphere is classy and the views are nice.

2  Thank Jasmine818
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I found the steak to only be average by North American standards.....Staff isfriendly.....but the view of the dry river bed does add nothing for the palate.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

we had a table with view on the river . The steacks are famous : we took a contrefilet with sauce bearnaise and papas nicas. It cost only 10 dollars and it was prepared as asked (between medium (à point) and well-done). Service is good . This restaurant is mainly visited by the local upperclass and business men.

3  Thank LucScheepmans
Reviewed 10 January 2013

First, I would like to say that the food was actually very tasty, though the rice and salad portions are quite small (not for an adult), the bad part was that after eating a part of my lunch, I discovered very tiny worms in my chimichurry souce!

I took the plate to the front and they did apologize and offered to bring me another plate and then they explained that the worms were probably from the salad and not the souce....great, the salad was the first thing I ate! So they did bring me another plate, minus the salad, but you would think that after the fiasco they would offer lunch on "the house" NO way, I was still charged. I guess this is no U.S. steakhouse.

Besides the worms, they have a big problems with flys, but it is more tolareable if you do not sit on the balcony or probably a night visit would be better. They really need to get those violet lights that zap insects.

Other than that the food is tasty! Good eating