“Great Family Oriented”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chiriqui Province
Hooked On Panama Fishing Lodge
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The lodge is clean and the owners are very friendly. It's run kind of like a bed and breakfast, and the grounds are very well kept. The villas all have televisions and the wifi service was very good even in the villas. Beware of sand fleas if you walk the beach though, lol. The food was 5 star at night and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 September 2013

After 7 hours driving from Panama City to Puerto Armuelles was a good experience
get in this beautiful place, the Owners and the staff are very friendly.. Food was excellent.
Thanks to all the staff ... My husband and I are very happy with the service ..
I will be back soon

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emilia H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I visited Hooked on Panama in May 2011 - yes, quite some time ago I know! (Had to choose Oct. 2012 as couldn't choose anything earlier - sorry!) Only now starting to do lots of reviews on Tripadvisor and really wanted to write one for HOP because it was just that awesome!

We had an amazing time! From the start it was great. We opted for the VIP package and were met at the airport and taken through customs very quickly. On to the hotel - Hotel Esplendor I think. How amazing!!! The room was HUGE with a kitchen - very modern, clean, tidy - bathroom/shower was also huge and amazing! We were on the highest floor I think so the view was wow. Breakfast was wonderful - great variety with lots of fresh fruit etc. The restaurant was also quite nice and we had a lovely dinner there.

Flight to David was good - bit of a long drive to the lodge, but we didn't mind. Got to know our driver a bit and practice our Spanish! :)

The lodge itself is lovely with spacious, clean rooms. Nice pool to relax in after fishing! As soon as we stepped off the boat we were presented with our drinks - which the barman remembered from the night before!! :) The food at the lodge is also fantastic! Some of the best I have had on a trip. All fresh and local ingredients. Breakfast can either be had at the lodge or on the boat - we opted for on the boat so that we could get out on the water as early as possible. Usually we had breakfast tacos - which were great! Lunch on the boat was simple but filling - just what you needed to keep you going. Dinners were the real highlight with fresh fish most evenings. One night we had a soup/bisque which was to die for!!!

The fishing is simply amazing. My husband is really the avid/experienced fisherman, but I do enjoy fishing with him and I had a great time in Panama. Super happy to say that I caught my first 50 lb tuna! :) Likely the toughest fish I have fought so far. Also caught a lovely Rooster Fish and several other species that we don't see at home in Barbados. The highlight was my husband catching his first ever Black Marlin - this was his goal for the trip. Incredible!! He was thrilled and I am sure will never forget it. The boat crew were awesome too and very knowledgeable! We really enjoyed our time with Shaka and Victor.

The entire team at the lodge do a fantastic job of making the trip special - they are so friendly and easy going! Every year we wish we were going back there. We will make it back - hopefully very soon!

If you are considering a fishing trip to Panama, this is definitely the place to go!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MandyAt
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Fabulous week spent at Hooked on Panama. The owners and staff were friendly and professional. Cabins were clean and comfortable beds, food was as good or better than what we've eaten in the finest restaurants. Grounds were beautiful! The boats were huge, so comfortable and great to fish out of and the crew was top notch- spent each day on the water starting at sunrise ( which was georgous) and came in late afternoon to sit in the hot tub and enjoy the nice pool with a beverage of your choice and a delicious dinner. Would go back for sure!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank speltzo15
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Fantastic Place, supernice people, fantastic captain and deckhand on every boat, The boats are big and very comfortable to fish on, and what is of course very important ....lots and lots of fish to be caught..., very nice and comfartable cabins, big clean swimming pool, worth every penny in my opinion!!!!

Room Tip: Fitness centre is fishing all day long!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank jvderv
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We enjoyed a 2 day beach getaway (from the cool mountain air of Boquete) at Hooked on Panama. Immaculate and comfortable cottages, beautiful property right on the Pacific. Big and very clean swimming pool with lounge chairs, wonderful bohio perched on the edge of the Pacific, with 3 hammocks and WiFi. Club house and bar where we enjoyed full breakfast, delicious lunches and dinners. very hospitable hosts and pleasant, helpful staff. You do not have to be a fisherman to love this place, though I understand from other guests that the fishing here is superb. It is an interesting ride from Boquete to Puerto Armuelles and then to the property. If you are planning a visit to Boquete, this makes a great add on trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2013

This is easily the best lodge in Central America. Large clean rooms, great food, either fresh caught or locally grown and privded. The warmest most helpful staff that treats you like family. No detail or request was too small or unimportant for the staff who anticipated every request an ddelivered. Custom boats with terrific Captains that will stay out until everyone on board arm weary. They are passionate about sustaining the eco-system and only keep enough to eat. This was a truly memorable experience for my group of eight seasoned fishermen.

Room Tip: Every cottage faced the sea and was of equal quality.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends