“Best Fishing In the World”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chiriqui Province
Hooked On Panama Fishing Lodge
“Best Fishing In the World”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I took my 3 sons to the Lodge for 4 days of fishing. I had high expectations and those were exceeded. The end result was all three boys caught their first Marlin on the same day. The boys totaled out with 8 Marlin both Blacks and Blues released, 2 Sails released, and I caught a 62.5 inch Rooster fish. The dinning and staff are outstanding. Safe. Highly recommended.
Doug H

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Doug H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

4 friends got more than we bargained for in the middle of no where. There are many undeveloped areas in Panama but the border area near Punta Burica is truly the end of the road. On a previous visit to the area we had taken a very quick 5 minute look at this property hoping to find a good fishing base. We decided to chance it based partly on other trip advisor reviews and were delighted to experience the genuine hospitality and welcome provided by on site owners Dan, C.C. And Rex. Whatever we needed was provided, plus that intangible warmth that comes from involved owners. Boat Captain Oliver and Mate Carlito gave us top notch marine service and the kitchen ladies kept us fat and full. The place can get a bit wacky when the Panamanian families roll in but that could be the ultimate seal of approval , as well as adding a layer of local experience . If you're looking for something fancy this might not be your bag, but for location and service, it's a sure catch.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sultanaround
La Marque, Texas
Reviewed 11 February 2014

The lodge is clean and the owners are very friendly. It's run kind of like a bed and breakfast, and the grounds are very well kept. The villas all have televisions and the wifi service was very good even in the villas. Beware of sand fleas if you walk the beach though, lol. The food was 5 star at night and the service was excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 September 2013

After 7 hours driving from Panama City to Puerto Armuelles was a good experience
get in this beautiful place, the Owners and the staff are very friendly.. Food was excellent.
Thanks to all the staff ... My husband and I are very happy with the service ..
I will be back soon

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emilia H
Barbados
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I visited Hooked on Panama in May 2011 - yes, quite some time ago I know! (Had to choose Oct. 2012 as couldn't choose anything earlier - sorry!) Only now starting to do lots of reviews on Tripadvisor and really wanted to write one for HOP because it was just that awesome!

We had an amazing time! From the start it was great. We opted for the VIP package and were met at the airport and taken through customs very quickly. On to the hotel - Hotel Esplendor I think. How amazing!!! The room was HUGE with a kitchen - very modern, clean, tidy - bathroom/shower was also huge and amazing! We were on the highest floor I think so the view was wow. Breakfast was wonderful - great variety with lots of fresh fruit etc. The restaurant was also quite nice and we had a lovely dinner there.

Flight to David was good - bit of a long drive to the lodge, but we didn't mind. Got to know our driver a bit and practice our Spanish! :)

The lodge itself is lovely with spacious, clean rooms. Nice pool to relax in after fishing! As soon as we stepped off the boat we were presented with our drinks - which the barman remembered from the night before!! :) The food at the lodge is also fantastic! Some of the best I have had on a trip. All fresh and local ingredients. Breakfast can either be had at the lodge or on the boat - we opted for on the boat so that we could get out on the water as early as possible. Usually we had breakfast tacos - which were great! Lunch on the boat was simple but filling - just what you needed to keep you going. Dinners were the real highlight with fresh fish most evenings. One night we had a soup/bisque which was to die for!!!

The fishing is simply amazing. My husband is really the avid/experienced fisherman, but I do enjoy fishing with him and I had a great time in Panama. Super happy to say that I caught my first 50 lb tuna! :) Likely the toughest fish I have fought so far. Also caught a lovely Rooster Fish and several other species that we don't see at home in Barbados. The highlight was my husband catching his first ever Black Marlin - this was his goal for the trip. Incredible!! He was thrilled and I am sure will never forget it. The boat crew were awesome too and very knowledgeable! We really enjoyed our time with Shaka and Victor.

The entire team at the lodge do a fantastic job of making the trip special - they are so friendly and easy going! Every year we wish we were going back there. We will make it back - hopefully very soon!

If you are considering a fishing trip to Panama, this is definitely the place to go!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MandyAt
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Fabulous week spent at Hooked on Panama. The owners and staff were friendly and professional. Cabins were clean and comfortable beds, food was as good or better than what we've eaten in the finest restaurants. Grounds were beautiful! The boats were huge, so comfortable and great to fish out of and the crew was top notch- spent each day on the water starting at sunrise ( which was georgous) and came in late afternoon to sit in the hot tub and enjoy the nice pool with a beverage of your choice and a delicious dinner. Would go back for sure!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank speltzo15
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Fantastic Place, supernice people, fantastic captain and deckhand on every boat, The boats are big and very comfortable to fish on, and what is of course very important ....lots and lots of fish to be caught..., very nice and comfartable cabins, big clean swimming pool, worth every penny in my opinion!!!!

Room Tip: Fitness centre is fishing all day long!!!