All reviews attending a wedding full irish breakfast guest house stayed here minute walk from the castle next morning a great nights sleep nearby castle sitting room top class great history surrounding countryside room was spacious cooked to perfection couldn't do enough old style set menu
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I recently stayed here when attending a wedding in Castle Durrow. Rosezita and co are so friendly and met me at the door and took me striaght to my room. I was made feel very welcome and almost like visiting relatives than a hotel!
the guesthouse is clean and spacious and the rooms are lovely and big. I stayed in a room overlooking the river which was gorgeous.
The breakfast is lovely too. I cant recomend this gueshouse enough and definitely pop over to Bobs- so much fun :)

Room tip: ask for a room overlooking the river- its a lovely view :)
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Lovely big rooms -breakfast good. Though rate per night expensive my daughter stayed in castle durrow at a cheaper rate! Bobs pub across the street great lively atmosphere .owner very helpful and pleasant

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My family and I stayed at this guesthouse to attend a wedding at the nearby Castle Durrow Hotel. The service was excellent with very friendly and accomodating staff. The rooms were clean, neat and spacious and the bathroom was very good. The food served was also really good and the staff were very helpful with changes to the standard menu. Overall, I highly recommend this place for great service and value for money. Keep it up!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Was attending a wedding in Durrow castle but rooms were all gone. So booked Ashbourne House. Arrived a little late for wedding but was no problem as I was shown straight to my room. No checking in or anything like that. Rooms were nice clean and spacious. Breakfast was decent I had full Irish, wife had scrambled eggs which were only ok but scrambled eggs are hard to get right to everybody's taste. Nice hotel with good staff. Would use again if i am ever staying in Durrow.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eamonallen
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Wonderfully charming guesthouse situated conveniently across the street from a great pub (Bob's) and Castle Durow. Upon arriving quite late we were greeted by a smiling, if not sleepy, Shaun who showed us to our oversized room with the pure Irish charm one hopes to find in a picturesque country inn. Each morning we were greeted by a hearty breakfast that filled us throughout the day and made you feel like mom was in the kitchen whipping up some happy. And don't expect an iron to iron your shirt, The Lady of the House would not hear of you doing your own ironing and makes sure that everything you'll ever want is not only available, but there for you with a warm smile. A grat place for families, couples, or just a weary business traveller who needs a place to stay. Not only would I recommend the Ashbrook but I will be coming here for years to come.

Well done guys. Thanks for making a home away from home.

Date of stay: June 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple