“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Durrow House

Durrow House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Durrow
Durrow House
Ranked #2 of 2 Durrow B&B and Inns
Manchester
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have stayed at Durrow House before, and had a lovely stay again. Our hosts were very warm & welcoming and remembered us from our last stay, couldn't meet more accommodating hosts. We had a gorgeous breakfast, and nothing was too much trouble and they were very helpful as usual, plenty to eat at breakfast, and we will certainly be back next time. This guesthouse is great value for money, if you want to experience real Ireland and the people, look no further, these people will look after you.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RedlionManchester

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed in Durrow House from 22 - 25 August 2013. The location was perfect for a wedding I attended, the full Irish breakfast was superb and beautifully cooked. Both Noreen and James were absolutely charming, nothing was too much trouble. I would recommend this guest house to any traveller that would like to stay in homely surroundings. I had a room upstairs at the back of the guesthouse and always had an excellent nights sleep

I feel that I was treated as one of a family not just a guest

Well done Noreen & James

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pinacoladobabe
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding in nearby castle . Location is great however I have stayed on better hostels for less money . Rooms outdated poor decor bed linen etc . Not acceptable for price charged of €75 .
In short way overpriced for such poor quality would not stay again

• Stayed April 2013
10 Thank rcroweDublin

Travellers are raving about these Durrow hotels

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

The location of Durrow House is perfect for anybody attending a wedding in Castle Durrow. It is a 5 minute walk to the Castle. Had a triple room which was really spacious with high ceilings. Very clean. The interior is very cosy and homely, the bedrooms are a little dated. For €70 per night I can certainly not complain. Noirin was extremely helpful and flexible with breakfast times - ideal when you have had a late night. I would truly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Girl_on_tour2012
Dublin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

TripAdvisor rating go from Average to Very good when just 'Good' might apply. Durrow House is very convenient in terms of its location to Durrow Castle and definitely a cheaper alternative. However €75 per room is probably at the limit of what they are worth. The house is slightly soul-less - the very basic of stuff in each room. Comfortable but nothing more.
The breakfast was excellent with a full Irish and choice of cereals etc - it would set you up for the day. The Castle pricing was €200 plus for a night so the B&B was definitely the more sensible option. I would not stay here for a vacation but as a less expensive alternative to the Castle it is fine (and those breakfasts are good.........)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
dublin ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My fiance and I stayed in Durrow House recently. We were attending a wedding in Durrow Castle and this was an ideal spot. Its adjacent to the castle, so its no more than a 3/4 min walk to the venue. The room we had was huge, very clean and very spacious. It is old fashioned but it was perfect for us to lay our heads and had everything you cold need for a an overnight stay like this. I had to get up very early for work in Dublin the next day and they were aware of this, so by the time I got up breakfast was ready for me. There was a slight hiccup with the shower which was a bit tempermental but the owner quickly gave me a new room to shower and it was fine. As I was in such a rush in the morning I was given the nicest fresh coffee for my flask for the car and a toasted bacon sandwich wrapped up and ready to go! There was a lovely fruit salad and a good selection of cereal. Great spot and would highly recommend this B&B

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rcallagh
Navan, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife and I stayed in Durrow House a few weeks back. We were attending a wedding in Castle Durrow. Firstly the location - Durrow House is about 30foot from the main entrance of Castle Durrow. You would walk from front door to front door in about 4 minutes, and that's accompanied by women with high heels!! Whilst Castle Durrow is beautiful in itself, Durrow House B&B is considerably cheaper. €75 per room when we stayed. Durrow House itself is a very old building. It has perhaps 3/4/5 stories high..the rooms are nothing shy of enormous, we were in 4 different rooms as our friends stayed also and each room was as big as the other, quite easily the biggest bedroom if ive seen let alone stayed in. The landlady, her name evades me, very welcoming, helpful and polite. A great night sleep was had, no noise from outside, a huge full irish in the morning with cereals, fruits, breads etc etc on offer also..its great accomodation particularly if attending a function/wedding at castle durrow and are trying to save a few bob, honestly withing walking distance, right on front door. I know it wont be to everyones liking, as decorations, pictures etc etc quite old but these run in with the theme of the house, it is as previously said an older b&b but we loved it. will return!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sineadandbrendan2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Abbeyleix Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballyragget
Brandon View House B&B
Brandon View House B&B
#3 of 3 in Graiguenamanagh

Been to Durrow House? Share your experiences!