“very special”
Review of Castle Durrow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Durrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Spent a Sunday night here recently, to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Beautiful location, gorgeous house and excellent service throughout our stay. Our room, I think it was 201, at the very end of a long corridor was gorgeous, elegant and spacious, delighted with it. Dinner was fabulous, affordable wine list and lovely service as was breakfast (without the wine of course!!!) Overall a wonderful stay and I just wish we could have had 2 nights to really relax properly

Just one suggestion - at the reception desk, I would suggest 2 chairs, not one - while I sat for the check in and check out process, my husband had to rather awkwardly stand beside me, it just felt a little uncomfortable, not a criticism, just an idea to make things easier for guests

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We visited Castle Durrow for one night only but what an experience... well worth a visit - felt like going into another world.... From the time we entered the grounds a beautiful atmosphere surrounded the place. With its well maintained gardens and walk ways it is a wonderful way to spend some time. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and our room was truly beautiful. The restaurant is so elegant and food really good. We thoroughly enjoyed our short stay there and will definitely be back. i felt like royalty! Would recommend it as something of a real treat and a very romantic setting indeed.

2  Thank VirtualChick
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We were at a wedding here recently and the place is just beautiful, it has a really luxurious feel. The food was great, alot of which is grown on site. The views across the rolling countryside are gorgeous. The staff were very helpful, all in all a really lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise M
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Excellent location both geographically and beautiful ground. Most courteous staff. Very good food, a breakfast of top quality , elegant interiors , comfortable beds, even if needing better lighting . Value destination

1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed 27 August 2013

What a discovery! My wife and I stayed at this hotel for the first time last weekend but I sincerely hope we can make it back there again. The staff were so friendly and attentive and our bedroom was the most spacious and best decorated that we have ever experienced. And what can I say about the dining experience?? The food was simply divine and well above the standard of most hotels we have stayed in. A trip here is worthwhile for the food alone. The extensive grounds and gardens make this hotel a perfect oasis where you can stroll, relax and enjoy a carefree time. Top marks!!

1  Thank TD2012113
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

A very friendly atmosphere among the team at castle furrow
Was there for a wedding and the standard was very high . Quality food which as we all now is not a given at a wedding . Friendly hard working staff and all in a stunning location . One very small addition would be welcome - a cigarette machine . Eventhough I am a non smoker I had to spin down to the village for others . So in short excellence in hospitality , a benchmarking wedding venue , natural beauty and a staff with pride in what they deliver . Fair Play

2  Thank rgwHz
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We recently had our wedding at Castle Durrow and I can not praise the venue highly enough! From start to finish, even the initial booking process, we were made feel very welcome and looked after. Marie our wedding coordinator was a pleasure to plan with. I felt so relaxed about the whole day and that was due to the professionalism of the staff in all areas of castle Durrow.
Their experience as wedding venue hosts is evident! (Even down to ensuring tissues are on hand, even if you think you don't need them! - thanks Marie, I needed them!)
I stayed with my family in castle the night before the wedding and we were welcomed as if returning to our own home. It really was a seamless process.
The package does exactly as it says on the tin! - with no hidden extras. The banqueting staff are so attentive. We had a large wedding and serving that number of people without error can prove tricky...I managed to speak to each table throughout dinner and everyone's plate was clean! Just what I like to see.
I love that even though each day brings a new wedding in castle Durrow the attention to detail and overwhelming hospitality is not diluted.
Our guests have been raving about the whole day. Venue, food, staff, it really was our dream day! Great memories to last us a lifetime!!
Thanks again CD! We will be back!
C xx

• Stayed: August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
The Heritage Killenard
Springhill Court Conference, Leisure & Spa Hotel
Mount Juliet Estate
Mount Juliet Estate
#1 of 2 in Thomastown

Been to Castle Durrow? Share your experiences!