“Wedding of the year June 28 2014!!”
Review of Castle Durrow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Durrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wedding of the year June 28 2014!!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't thank Castle Durrow and their staff enough for the amazing experience we had at our wedding. Every single person at my wedding had the most wonderful time and most of them said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The staff are phenomenal and made the day all about myself and my hubby and keeping us happy and every single person that was at our wedding happy. The food was outstanding, and yes I did eat all 5 courses even though I was the bride, it was too good not too!!!! I can't rave about this hotel/ B&B enough, every trip home we will be there to stay for at least one night. From the very beginning of planning a year and a half prior, the staff have been wonderful, especially Marie Laffan and so many others, like Mary, Shane, Nick, Lilly and Sue. The gardens are just amazing and the entire place is like a fairytale. Again I can't say enough about how perfect they made mine and my husbands weekend!!!!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are amazing but we stayed in the Ashbrooke room as it's the bridal suite, it is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda6-2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Dublin
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing location. We were in Castle Durrow for a family wedding and have no complaints at all, not even a little one. The gardens, walks and views are amazing and are worth a visit alone. Staff are friendly, helpful and service is top class.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank JonathanS1972
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I never write reviews but I couldn't let this one go without sharing my experience. What a truly magnificent place, so tastily decorated, excellent staff, brilliantly priced, fabulous food and clearly loved by the owners. Well done to them, they have created a real gem, and so well worth a visit. Will definitely go back..I really couldn't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: The rooms in the house are really beautiful and worth booking, but if I stayed again, I would choose...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank YD29
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I got married in Castle Durrow in April. We, and all of our guests, had the most amazing experience. The hotel itself is gorgeous with stunning rooms, gardens, and beautiful decor. But more importantly the staff were simply outstanding- they made everybody feel so welcome, so well looked after, and so at ease.

Marie the wedding coordinator did everything and more to ensure all of the details we wanted were perfect. We live in Australia and thought it would be hard to get everything organised- it was not as Marie was always on email and ready to help. I could not recommend this hotel any more! We will definitely be back again soon.

Room Tip: The bridal suite is outstanding!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DaveandCathy
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Castle Durrow is clearly loved by its owners: the flowers, candles, beautiful decor, excellent staff are all a testament to this. My husband and I said "this is a happy place"... The fabulous high ceilings that say "grand house", yet house pets on hand for a cuddle (not so good if you have allergies... but who can resist a tabby?). The bedrooms and the bathrooms massive and well appointed and the many, many little touches say someone really cares about this hotel. It is really nice to sit in a gorgeous reception room with someone dropping by from time to time to see is we need tea or a drink... it is a thoughtful and homey touch. The view from our bedroom was simply beautiful across the gardens and dinner (in a lovely elegant dining room) was excellent. It will be very difficult going back to non-castle life once we get home!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
shelly S, Owner at Castle Durrow, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear 1772 on the road,
Thank you so much for your lovely and kind review.
It was so nice to read that our guests can see how very much we love our home!
The cat (Timmy) is large and he is naughty (someone called him the Celtic Kitten), but he is our Olivia's cat and I can't get rid of him.. The Castle is indeed a happy Castle and we hope that you will come back again here to make sure it stays happy!!
(I am a very happy Dutch lady tonight as the Dutch team won their first match!!)
Kindest Regards,
Shelly
cork, ireland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Spend lovely romantic weekend with my husband here - we had a beautiful room at the very top of the hotel overlooking the countryside - strangely this hotel seems to have its only reputation as a fabulous wedding venue which it probably is, but for a short break it was perfect for us...we had a five star meal that evening its amazing dining room which was so beautifully decorated. Vases of fresh daffodils we scattered throughout the hotel to give a lovely show of colour in the depths of winter...
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly - we loved the place...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mmcgrath1
shelly S, Owner at Castle Durrow, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
dear Mmcgrath1,
Thank you for your kind review.
I love our dining room as well and now that the summer is here the vases are filled with all sorts of flowers from the gardens !
We look forward to welcome you again for another romantic break or celebration !
We have lots of offers for dining experiences and special breaks. See you soon again
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for two nights for a family wedding.
The wedding reception was fab with delicious food , as good as any rated resteraunts I have eaten in and that takes some doing when they are serving around 200 people at once , the irish ingredients and irish staff was top quality.
Our room was beautiful and large with a nice children's room and bathroom.
The staff was friendly and attentive William and shelly were especially helpful.
The gardens were a real treat and you could spend hours walking around it.
The breakfast was freshly cooked with a massive choice of fruit and fresh breads and cereals.
Overall one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in the attention to details was brilliant.
And very good value as well.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
shelly S, Owner at Castle Durrow, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Rockfield1,
Thank you so much for your kind review. We try and make everyone feel at home at the Castle, wedding guests, wedding couples, families, guests that come for a meal or for a few days. I love my gardens and try to have something of interest in them at all times. It makes people come back. I am glad you liked the family room and if you had kids with you , I hope they got to play in the play room.
Kind Regards, Shelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
Mount Juliet Estate
Mount Juliet Estate
#1 of 2 in Thomastown
Kilkenny River Court Hotel

Been to Castle Durrow? Share your experiences!