“An Absolute Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castle Durrow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Durrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“An Absolute Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here recently as part of a wedding party. What a place! Our room was amazing, the staff were fantastic from start to finish, the food- perfect, and the gardens - wonderful to explore. I even enjoyed a game of tennis.
A wonderful spot and I would highly recommend to anyone wanting to get away:)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite in the main building - its worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Abingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The owners and staff of Castle Durrow pulled out all the stops for a memorable evening there was sunshine beautiful gardens stunning rooms the best nights sleep ever in room 54 and NO rain.

The food was superb and the wine fabulous the wine list is wonderful, being spoilt as I am living in the centre of the UK with a vast number of local gastro pubs all trying to out do one another with ever exotic creations I was a real joy to eat well cooked tasty elegant food locally sourced in beautiful surroundings and feel we could relax and have a party without feeling we were making too much of a noisy exhibition!!!!

Really Really great and the breakfast was just perfect too.

Thank you Castle Durrow for a very very happy time in the sunshine!!!!

Room Tip: They are all fabulous but facing the garden is best.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Philippa1832
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I can't thank Castle Durrow and their staff enough for the amazing experience we had at our wedding. Every single person at my wedding had the most wonderful time and most of them said it was the best wedding they had ever been to. The staff are phenomenal and made the day all about myself and my hubby and keeping us happy and every single person that was at our wedding happy. The food was outstanding, and yes I did eat all 5 courses even though I was the bride, it was too good not too!!!! I can't rave about this hotel/ B&B enough, every trip home we will be there to stay for at least one night. From the very beginning of planning a year and a half prior, the staff have been wonderful, especially Marie Laffan and so many others, like Mary, Shane, Nick, Lilly and Sue. The gardens are just amazing and the entire place is like a fairytale. Again I can't say enough about how perfect they made mine and my husbands weekend!!!!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are amazing but we stayed in the Ashbrooke room as it's the bridal suite, it is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Linda6-2014
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing location. We were in Castle Durrow for a family wedding and have no complaints at all, not even a little one. The gardens, walks and views are amazing and are worth a visit alone. Staff are friendly, helpful and service is top class.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank JonathanS1972
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I never write reviews but I couldn't let this one go without sharing my experience. What a truly magnificent place, so tastily decorated, excellent staff, brilliantly priced, fabulous food and clearly loved by the owners. Well done to them, they have created a real gem, and so well worth a visit. Will definitely go back..I really couldn't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: The rooms in the house are really beautiful and worth booking, but if I stayed again, I would choose...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Cleanliness
4 Thank YD29
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

My husband and I got married in Castle Durrow in April. We, and all of our guests, had the most amazing experience. The hotel itself is gorgeous with stunning rooms, gardens, and beautiful decor. But more importantly the staff were simply outstanding- they made everybody feel so welcome, so well looked after, and so at ease.

Marie the wedding coordinator did everything and more to ensure all of the details we wanted were perfect. We live in Australia and thought it would be hard to get everything organised- it was not as Marie was always on email and ready to help. I could not recommend this hotel any more! We will definitely be back again soon.

Room Tip: The bridal suite is outstanding!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank DaveandCathy
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Castle Durrow is clearly loved by its owners: the flowers, candles, beautiful decor, excellent staff are all a testament to this. My husband and I said "this is a happy place"... The fabulous high ceilings that say "grand house", yet house pets on hand for a cuddle (not so good if you have allergies... but who can resist a tabby?). The bedrooms and the bathrooms massive and well appointed and the many, many little touches say someone really cares about this hotel. It is really nice to sit in a gorgeous reception room with someone dropping by from time to time to see is we need tea or a drink... it is a thoughtful and homey touch. The view from our bedroom was simply beautiful across the gardens and dinner (in a lovely elegant dining room) was excellent. It will be very difficult going back to non-castle life once we get home!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
shelly S, Owner at Castle Durrow, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear 1772 on the road,
Thank you so much for your lovely and kind review.
It was so nice to read that our guests can see how very much we love our home!
The cat (Timmy) is large and he is naughty (someone called him the Celtic Kitten), but he is our Olivia's cat and I can't get rid of him.. The Castle is indeed a happy Castle and we hope that you will come back again here to make sure it stays happy!!
(I am a very happy Dutch lady tonight as the Dutch team won their first match!!)
Kindest Regards,
Shelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Ballyfin Demesne
#1 of 2 in Thomastown
Roundwood House
Roundwood House
#1 of 1 in Mountrath

Been to Castle Durrow? Share your experiences!