“Simply wonderful”
Review of Castle Durrow

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Durrow
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This hotel is a wonderful find, full of charm and beauty, coupled with excellent service and fine food. Castle Durrow is as splendid as they come.

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZaneyMary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We stayed at Castle Durrow and pampered ourselves in the deluxe rooms with the four poster beds. We booked the "dinner, bed and breakfast" offer and could not believe the superior quality of the food and service. The attention to detail and the "little things" will bring us back again. Thank you to the wonderful staff.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank MelbourneCam
Reviewed 10 June 2010

I had my wedding here in May and I can honestly say it was a perfect day. It exceeded my expectations. I was really expecting something to go wrong but from start to finish it was just the most amazing day. The hotel is fabulous and in the most wonderful setting for a wedding, with a beautiful terrace at the back for afternoon drinks. The staff were so friendly and amenable, the food was great, the drinks were flowing and everything went without a hitch. The hotel even ran out 20 minutes before the ceremony to get me 2 beautiful roses with lovely long stems which were part of the ceremony as I had forgotten about them. They didn't even add them to the bill! I would recommend this hotel to anyone planning a wedding and I've met a number of people who have either been to a wedding here or had their wedding here and they've all said the same. The bill at the end was also surprisingly reasonable. You must go here!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripovermyowntwofeet
Ireland
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Attended a friend's wedding here and stayed the night before and the night of the wedding. I loved every minute of it. I thought the staff were excellent - both very friendly and efficient. The garden facing room was very cute although my boyfriend was understandably less enamored of the very flowery decor! The food was lovely - both the bar food on our first night and the wedding meal. The breakfasts were fabulous. The grounds were well kept. What else can I say? When can I go back!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Enick
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I travelled with my family to a wedding which went very well.The grounds were very nice but the food was not suited to chilldren( this was nothing to do with the wedding menu) All the stafff were helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank deep-blue-swimmer1
Reviewed 12 March 2010

I stayed here for a wedding back in October and it was a fabulous place to stay. From the moment we walked through the door it was perfect. The staff were fantastic and attended to our every need. They could not do enough to help us. I cannot praise them highly enough. We checked into the hotel early on the morning that we arrived as I wanted time before the wedding to get ready etc, the staff on reception said that was no problem and so our room was ready when we arrived. The bride had picked out the room that we were to stay in and I have to say it was fab, I could not fault it in the slightest all the tiny details and effort that had gone in to decorating the room was amazing, our bathroom was beautiful and very large, I was like a child I was so excited with our room and all the magazines and products etc that came with it! The whole wedding reception was amazing and such a unique experience, I have never been to a wedding like it before.
Breakfast the next morning was excellent, I could not fault it and the waiter was extremely attentive.
The only very minor fault I found was, as you are walking through the courtyard to the reception room, there is a tiny section of a couple of feet or so, which is exposed to the rain and the ground here can get very slippy, in saying this the hotel did as much as they possibly could to make people aware of this.
Castle Durrow was one of my favourite places to stay and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dublin1212
Reviewed 12 March 2010

We had a thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing stay at Castle Durrow. Our lovely room was spotlessly clean and the large four-poster bed extremely comfortable. Food (breakfast & dinner in the restaurant, lunch in the bar) was also excellent. All staff were friendly and helpful, working together to ensure guests enjoyed their stay. A definite thumbs up.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WTDT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
Ballyfin Demesne
#3 of 18 in Kilkenny
The Killeshin Hotel
The Killeshin Hotel
#2 of 4 in Portlaoise

Been to Castle Durrow? Share your experiences!