We spent 5 nights at the Hotel Excelsior in La Maddalena and have to say we enjoyed it very much.
La Maddalena is a bustling little place with plenty of excellent bars and restaurants and definitely worth a visit. Hotel Excelsior is in a prime position overlooking the ferry docks (which doesn't sound particularly pleasant but is really okay!), my disapointment lies with the amenities at the hotel itself. Our room was fairly small but adequate although tea and coffee making facilities would have been nice.
The breakfast choice was a bit limited, but our major bugbear was trying to catch the waiters attention to get a cup of coffee in the mornings, they seemed to want to avoid serving us at all costs!
If you are someone who likes a drink on an evening (or during the day) at the bar, then forget it as there is no real bar service as such and other than breakfast, food did not appear to be available in the hotel itself. Saying this, as you only have to turn a corner and you are surrounded by bars and cafes, this is not such a problem .
In a nutshell my opinion is that Hotel Excelsior do everything okay - but they really could do it better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Excelsior, elegant and modern, is located in the city centre on the island of La Maddalena. We offer customers a comfortable and quiet holiday dream. It is easy to reach the most beautiful beaches on the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Excelsior reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Hotel La Maddalena
- Hotel Excelsior La Maddalena, Sardinia - Maddalena Islands