We stayed at the hotel for 12 nights. The staff were friendly (the consierge was extremely helpful), the hotel is clean and nice and the spa is very good. The rooms are also very nice.
However, there was a couple of things that should have been better (this might have been redempted at this point, taking into account that we stayed there during the opening year):
1. The food and drinks at the hotel is steeply over prized, we ended up eating in town every night apart from the first two (the food is much better at local restaurants in town)
2. The breakfast did only offer a few selections of food. It did not seem well organised
3. The staff speaked poorly english
4. The beds are very hard, with no option to change the maddrasses etc.
5. The pool area is very small, with only one pool. We discovered quickly that children families did not oblige to the the rules at the pool (no diving etc.) and the staff did not say anything to them. A noicy and not so relaxing experience.
Over all, the price/value ratio could have been much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ma&Ma (Grand Hotel Resort) has overcome a noteworthy challenge in building an extra luxury resort with a low impact on the surrounding environment. The magnificent elegance and functionality are conveyed in a stylish aesthetic design which coexists with the more rigorous green style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Resort Ma&Ma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Resort Ma&Ma La Maddalena, Sardinia - Maddalena Islands