“Very dishonest people”

Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vlaardingen
Reviewed 14 June 2013

They will try to cancel your booking.com reservation and try that you make a direct reservation with them. Then, as the booking.com reservation was cancelled, there is no way that you can give them feedback, because you haven't been there through booking.com... clever huh? :-)

In the rooms the towels aren't washed. You leave it in the floor to be washed and they just fold it and put it back in place. I know this because one of the towels was dirty when I arrived, so I put it in the floor to be washed and the next day the same towel was hanging again and with the same spot of dirt.

I have sent them an email message complaining about these things and they didn't even bothered replying. No reply whatsoever.

Stay away from this place if you can...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

No double beds, surly staff, terrible service, poor location, poor restaurant, unhelpful staff if you have a problem. Whatever you want, it's too much to ask of them. You are an inconvenience to them.

Check your bill as well. Five breakfasts were added to mine, which I hadn't asked for or taken. Then they get shirty because I requested the charge be removed before I settled the bill.

The only use I can think of for this hotel, is if I was booking it for someone I hated. They act as if they are owed a living.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

Better than the other Bastion I stayed in. Breakfast ok, bar ok, nice pool table but the catch is it's in the smoking room which is located between the bar and eating area.
Service was pretty poor, bordering on cheeky but maybe it was just us as on departure I did see a member of staff manfully trying to help a drunk sailor who had lost his ship.

• Stayed: April 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Reviewed 17 April 2013

Firstly i must say the hotel rooms are very good for an industrial area..... The breakfasts are fine and no complaints.
But the hotel service is way below standard.
This evening I ordered a steak and had to wait for 90 minutes for it to appear then being so far undercooked for my liking, for me this was just not acceptable. I sent it back and I do not intend to eat here again. One of my party ordered a simple chicken wrap, this still had to surface even after I sent my steak back. I must add that the restaurant was not very busy so they cannot use that as an excuse.
My company has booked a group of us here for a few weeks, I will be looking to get us all moved.
The bar staff are very slow to attend, overall a very poor service and really not recommend.

Stayed: April 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Stayed in Bastion Hotel for two days.
Hotel is good , nice room & spacious.
But the staffs are not upto the mark, because I have informed them I will be staying extra one night.
They told it is ok, they have rooms available.
But when I approach them when in the morning to extend the Key , they told , sorry all rooms sold out.
But i told them i have already informed about my stay extension, but their answer was strange, that it was not extended, So had to find another hotel for my next days..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Reviewed 8 July 2012

The Bastion Hotel is a very average hotel next to the shipyard. Nothing particularly bad about this hotel, the rooms are clean and there are no obvious issues. The evening menu is poor and the service is rarely with a smile so I would recommend going out for dinner.
The beds were comfortable for me but would be too flat and small for anyone of about 5.6 or taller. Breakfast is adequate but not up to the standard of most Premier Inns in the UK. There is limited staff, often covering a variety of roles at the same time which is probably why their restaurant a little lacking. Glad this was a short business trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2012 via mobile

I have been staying at this hotel for four weeks now because I am working in the area. The staff are friendly and speak good English, the rooms are nice and clean. Unfortunately the food, although very nice takes an age to arrive! In my opinion the hotel lacks a manager/ supervisor taking charge of the orders for food. This evening after waiting for an hour for my salmon I enquired if the chef had caught my meal yet. The waitress had forgotten to put my order through, at an hour and twenty minutes the salmon arrived but to my surprise was given to another man across the bar from me. He had ordered approx twenty minutes previously. I gave up after an hour and a half, farce!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Mbruce1984
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review regarding Bastion Deluxe Hotel Rotterdam Beneluxtunnel on Tripadvisor. Your opinion is very important to us and will help us to increase our service.

We are looking forward to welcome you in the future in one of the hotels of Bastion Hotel Groep.

Kind regards,

Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlaardingen
1 mi away
#38 of 53 in Rotterdam
Delta Hotel Rotterdam
Delta Hotel Rotterdam
#1 of 4 in Vlaardingen

Been to Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen? Share your experiences!