“Hotel for Work”

Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vlaardingen
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here on many occasions for sometimes weeks on end .Staff very friendly and accommodating. stayed in different rooms on different floors, all OK.
Pillows are a bit soft for my liking, but the huge shower area is big enough to swing many cats.
Work is very local for me, in Schiedam, so only 5 mins to get there.
Tram or rail links are close by if needed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank pumpsherriff
Bastion Hotel G, Eigenaar at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for the review which you have posted on Tripadvisor.
As we can see you have experienced the personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities of Bastion Hotel Groep and you have summarized it in a great review!

Thank you very much for that.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in one of our hotels!

Team Bastion Hotel Groep

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayedin this room one night on a business trip. over all this Hotel is average with the usula arrangments regarding bar and restaurant facilities. As the hotel is located directly at a motorway cross room to the east side are quite noisy in the morning as fro 06.00hrs.

the choice at breakfast is for this type of hotel clearly below average. However staff is friendly and location is ideal if you have to visit business partners at Vlaardingen or at the north side of the river Maasn.

Room Tip: Try to get a room to the west side, as they are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Eigenaar at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear guest,

We have received your review regarding the Bastion Deluxe Hotel Rotterdam Beneluxtunnel on Tripadvisor.

First of all we would like to apologize for the fact that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We are very sorry to hear that the quality of the breakfast was not what it should be. We acknowledge that a good breakfast contributes to a pleasant stay in the hotel.

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

The Bastion Hotel Groep wants to offer each guest personal hospitality and a high level of service.

We are truly sorry and we hope you can accept our apologies.

Team Bastion Hotel Groep

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Truly Travel from Teletext conned me into this hotel and make me think i got a hotel in the city of Amsterdam, i can see why because service is crap. i asked for extra pillows never got them rooms were dirty. dusty everywhere on black furniture. staff attitude is terrible and very grumpy. hotel is in the middle of nowhere no direct train from Amsterdam and train takes more than an hour. no wonder they need to con people into booking the hotel. i would not stay there for free. gave me wrong staff direction on the email and never answered any questions probably gym only got 3 machines and they are crap. no proper walk path from the main. they only expect you to drive in. and air conditioning is not cold enough min is only 18 degree and they turned it off in the middle of night and blood stain on the bedding. very disgusting. i will upload photos to prove it later once i work out how to do upload it from my phone

Room Tip: never stayed in this hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Following your review comments regarding our Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Benexluxetunnel we wish to take this opportunity and thank you for your time and effort to inform us of your stay. Your feedback is very important to us as this supports us to improve areas required to ensure we do exceed our guests expectations. Please do accept our apologies for the lack of service that affected your enjoyment of your room and disturbing experience with one of our employees. Please rest assured that these topics are being evaluated with our management team.

The Bastion hotel group strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest and despite your unpleasant stay at our Bastion Hotel Rotterdam Beneluxetunnel we do hope to welcome you again in one of our other hotels.

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,

Mitchel van Dijk
E-Commerce

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

This hotel is new, clean and comfortable. Not far from Vlaardingen centre. Room was big enough for 1 person. You have everything you need for a pleasant staying. You are not allowed to open a window ((

• Stayed: August 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Terrible value for money! I am a contractor working locally and this basically is a hotel for contractor. Demeanour of the hotel is retro! Something from the 70s! They have a cigarette machine but their bar have for the 3 weeks I've been here never had any change for it! The menu is a joke. Most people I've met are contractors and dominoes are popular! In a hotel! Menu choices and prices are terrible! I dropped change under my bed and wish I hadn't! This hotel is better reflected as an over priced hostel! Unless your contractor and its booked by an employer I recommend staying well away from here!
I don't want Maik the director replying with an apology! The place is crap! No apologises can undo that!

• Stayed: July 2013
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Reviewed 14 June 2013

They will try to cancel your booking.com reservation and try that you make a direct reservation with them. Then, as the booking.com reservation was cancelled, there is no way that you can give them feedback, because you haven't been there through booking.com... clever huh? :-)

In the rooms the towels aren't washed. You leave it in the floor to be washed and they just fold it and put it back in place. I know this because one of the towels was dirty when I arrived, so I put it in the floor to be washed and the next day the same towel was hanging again and with the same spot of dirt.

I have sent them an email message complaining about these things and they didn't even bothered replying. No reply whatsoever.

Stay away from this place if you can...

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

I hope you accept my apologies ,

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

No double beds, surly staff, terrible service, poor location, poor restaurant, unhelpful staff if you have a problem. Whatever you want, it's too much to ask of them. You are an inconvenience to them.

Check your bill as well. Five breakfasts were added to mine, which I hadn't asked for or taken. Then they get shirty because I requested the charge be removed before I settled the bill.

The only use I can think of for this hotel, is if I was booking it for someone I hated. They act as if they are owed a living.

• Stayed: May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlaardingen
Campanile Hotel Vlaardingen
#40 of 53 in Rotterdam
B&B De Glasparel
B&B De Glasparel
#2 of 2 in Vlaardingen

Been to Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen? Share your experiences!