“Hotel sponsored the stay of our charity team”

Delta Hotel Rotterdam
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Vlaardingen
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed there recently as part of a volunteer information team for a charity supporting Alzheimer research. The hotel sponsored our stay. They definitely pampered us! We each had one of the beautiful rooms overlooking the river (fascinating to see all the ships go by). Breakfast was a regular bufet type, with reasonably good choice. Next to our allotted conference room we had access to a machine with speial coffees and all sorts of teas. To accompany those, staff brought triays of cakes, cookies and candy bars mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Lunch was soup plus a buffet for main and afters. Complmentary drinks in the bar pre-dinner. The dinners were 3 courses ( we could choose from 2 starters, 2 maiuns and 2 desserts; judging by what fellow participants got the vegetarian options were good too), very tasteful and well presented. ANd yes, we did get a lot of hard wordk done too. But the way the hotel sponsored us definitely merits a good word here! No idea what it would be like when staying there privately, but it all seems very promising.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Delta hotel is in the Vlaardingen district of Rotterdam which is a 20 minute taxi journey from Rotterdam Central railway station which costs approximately 40 Euros. It sits by the river Nieuwe Maas and has a jetty right next door to get the water taxi.
The receptionist was very cheerful and welcoming. The hotel décor has a distinctive maritime theme which carries on throughout the hotel. The rooms are very nicely presented with great touches such as shell shaped mints and extra cushions with sailing boats on. It was spotlessly clean with a fresh and modern feel. Situated on the top floor gave the best views through the dual aspect corner windows looking out inland and up the river.
I had dinner in the hotel restaurant that evening which was a very pleasant experience seated on the balcony watching the barges pass by while drinking a Heineken. Get there early or reserve to get a table in the sun as it gets busy later on.
After dinner I had a walk into Vlaardingen. Most people probably go into central Rotterdam in the evening as the area was pretty quiet. There are, however, some historic buildings edging the waterway and quaint alleyways providing a taste of Dutch authenticity.
Because I was visiting the NMi Euroloop facility which happens to be the other side of the river, I booked a water taxi for the morning. The receptionist was extremely helpful in making the arrangements and even called my room to go over the details again.
After a very tasty breakfast consisting of the usual continental selections, I waited for my water taxi at the jetty next to the hotel. After 30 minutes with no sign, I spoke to the hotel receptionist who then called the taxi firm and he arrived 12 minutes later. I was dropped off the other side at the UMC quay and although it was only a 2 minute journey it was 31 Euros, but still cheaper than by road apparently. If I use the water taxi again I will ensure I book it in the morning rather than the evening before.
If I have to visit NMi again in the future I would not hesitate to stay at the Delta.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water on the top floor have the best views, although there is only an industrial ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Stayed here on business, and my assistant specifically requested room with view to the water. They gave me a tiny room on the 1st floor right above the service entrance, which meant waking up 4:30 by delivery trucks. AC did not work, breakfast was horrible.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank annans7Copenhagen
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Located between factories and big ships it's kind of strange to see this marvellous hotel but it's kind of cool to eat breakfast and watch the giant ships in the Rotterdam Harbour. Good hotel with wifi in the rooms and a nice breakfast. Friendly people behind the counter and in the restaurant. Great biological menu with vegetables from the own city and flesh from local farmers.

Would definitely recommend to go to this hotel and will definitely return soon

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

We are stay at the moment in this hotel and was waiting to write the review jiat to give the chance to the hotel to give me a better impresion. But it is not the case. The bulding is indeed very special and the decoration is quite nice in general. We are staying in what they call a suite. Our room looks very nice but the leak of details is really frustating. For instance we do not have a proper double bed. We have two single beds next to each other which means that if we roll a bit we could fall in the middle. This is definitely not a bed or beds that you would expect for a suite. The bath rooms are clean and the shower head is amazing but apart from that it is also not suite like. To me the bathroom is really a nice attempt to give a good impression but not my favorite. Conaidering the european sizes I will say that the size of the bathroom is big.
We are also here for a business trip so you would expect a business service but this is not the case. There is no drinks in the mini bar, there is only some coffee and tea.
The service in the restaurante is slow and they just forget what you order and it takes for ever for some one to look at you or to empty the table. Some times you must really call for help because they can just walk in front of you table and they do not do anything. My husband order for the dessert menu and it never came. However I have to say that the food was good. The taste and the presentation was very good.
So i would not be to keen on recommending this hotel for people that is o. The road often, because you would feel very disappointed and the prices would we expensive if you look the value of the service. But if you are after just a clean organize strategic place to stay it would be perfect for you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A very unusual building but a beautiful setting

All the staff were welcoming and highly professional

The decor is modern and everywhere was spotlessly clean

The food was delicious and the rooms, meals & drinks were very reasonably priced

Woudl highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed the night, had dinner and breakfast. The food served is incredible bad. The room was small but looked all right. The beds were to soft and the pillows to high. The window can't open and the aircon takes some time to get the temperature regulated. About the food: The cook must hate his job. What we got served was plain mockery. The first course, salmon, was freezing cold so had no taste at all. For the main course, asparagus, ham and egg, they baked the ham so it was quite tough, overcooked the asparagus which besides had a nasty taste and served the egg peeled but not even cut. Whilst cutting the egg I had to hold the egg with my fork to keep it from jumping of my plate. My husband ordered the hamburger. Whatever can go wrong with a hamburger it did. Even MacDonalds does a better job certainly in view of the prices which are steep for the rubbished served. Breakfast is boring, nothing is fresh. Tasteless straight out of the supermarket.
How difficult can it be? Just a few good ingredients, a little bit of love/passion for the job would have been enough. What still annoys me is that although I put all my complaints on a so called customer satisfaction card and agreed to be contacted I never had a reply to any of my remarks. So I see no alternative than warn people for this interesting looking place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Bienchen4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vlaardingen
Ibis Rotterdam Vlaardingen
Campanile Hotel Vlaardingen
#4 of 4 in Vlaardingen
Bastion Hotel Vlaardingen
#3 of 4 in Vlaardingen

Been to Delta Hotel Rotterdam? Share your experiences!