All reviewsfunction roomdual carriagewaycharity eventgolden weddingrequested a ground floor roommince piesdaily specialsarriving latefriends roomcheese and biscuitschristmas lunchrail stationchildren's menuan industrial estatechange roomsbunk bedswater pressure
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

I had booked this hotel for two nights on a b&b booking. When we arrived at the hotel and given our room key, we were so exhausted from traveling that day that we took the key and walked up to room 15, which was hard to find and nobody from the hotel showed or told us how to get to the room. It was up a secret staircase and on a landing with two other rooms. On entry the room was clean and quite spacious. We were here for a funeral and so didn’t really have time to go over everything in the room.

The next day when I went to go for a shower I noticed that there was only one set of towels for two people so I went down to reception and, because it’s unmanned you have to ring a bell to get someone’s attention, when someone one came I asked for some more towels, this was 6:30 in the morning. I went back to the room and made a T from the complimentary facilities. When I wanted a second cup this was not feasible as they only give you 4 milk sachets for two adults and so I decidedly thought I need to go back to reception and ask for both my missing towels and more milk. This time I waited for both.

Now breakfast...... do not pay any extra for this shambles. Barely any food, ran out of hot water for T no milk, no butter the food came in long stages, people at our table had received their breakfast and finished before the rest turned up. It’s not even cheap, save yourself the hassle and go five minutes into the town and go to the Willow tree, a Wetherspoons, delightful.

Food overall cold, tasteless and overpriced
Drink ..... overpriced

Rooms are decent but showers are not good I had to have a bath.....

I was part of a funeral party and everyone said that this hotel made faulty towers look like the Hilton.......

Avoid if u can

Avoid

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Kelly K, Owner at The Cedars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Thank you for your recent review in regards to your stay at The Cedars Hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly welcomed and we have passed this on to the team to use in training to ensure that we continue to improve our standards on a daily basis. We do hope that we can welcome you back again one day and hopefully restore some faith in the hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is so dated and needs complete refurbishment. Everything is dated including a lot of the staff although I must say I had no problem with the staff they were polite and helpful but I think they need new blood with a bit of a spring in their step.
The food was dreadful from breakfast through to buffet through to evening meal the soup was tasteless and was meant to be potato and leak but we all struggled to identify it and out of about 15-17 nobody ate it. 4 if us ordered breakfast Nd 3 of us had finished by the time my husbands arrived! The toast was just like warm bread as it had no colour they promised mushrooms but then discovered they ran out of them the day before . I must say the staff were polite and helpful but wouldn’t stay there again I’m afraid sorry

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent comments in regards to your stay at the Cedars Hotel. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been passed to our team and will be discussed during our training sessions to ensure that issues like those your experienced will not happen again. We do hope that you might return again one day where hopefully we can restore some faith that you have lost in the hotel.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

In need of a complete makeover,staff very nice but can only work with what they have got. tv reception keep losing the signal and WiFi would not connect. The mattress was very uncomfortable in our room. Breakfast was lovely but I think for the price per night breakfast should be included.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review in regards to your stay at The Cedars Hotel. Your feedback is appreciated as without this we would not be able to continue to improve our standards on a daily basis. We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to the hotel in the future where hopefully we can restore some faith that you lost in our product.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Cedars is a pleasant enough place to stay. As others have said it is a bit dated and tired looking but room was comfortable, had everything we needed including decaff coffee, which one doesn't always find in hotels!
Breakfast was substantial and kept us going till wedding breakfast late afternoon!
Duty manager helpful as we were able to check in other family members for next night who were going to arrive very late and pass keys to them.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been passed on to the team. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Me and janet decided to get married at the beginning of 2017 and was stuck for a decent venue for sometime then decided to look at the cedars hotel one of the best decisions we've ever made . We did not have much idea on how to plan the day but duty manager Sharon advised us and arranged everything from the leading up to and main event from greeting drinks lunch the timing of speeches cutting of the cake and even afternoon tea an coffees the whole day was just beautiful and emotional and I just can't thank Sharon and the whole cedars team enough for the organisation of such a perfect and lovely day the memories will stay with me and janet a lifetime we will return for a roast soon 100% of our guests said how lovely the dinner was congratulations cedars hotel a job well done and a massive thanks from Mr and Mrs Irvine x

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your recent review, we are very pleased that you had a wonderful wedding with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been passed on to the team involved. We hope to welcome you back again in the future. Congratulations again.