“Very good service and lovely modern feel - worth it!”
Review of The Saffron - CLOSED

The Saffron
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a great Indian Restaurant in Stowmarket. Nice modern décor, great lighting, quite different to your 'average' Indian. Always get attentive service and made to feel welcome. Food of a high standard. Great place to go.

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Popped in on a Saturday night without having booked but managed to get a table. The service was excellent, very attentive and happy to explain the dishes. The food was superb lovely flavours. Both me and my partner thoroughly enjoyed our meal, and the price was really good too. Can definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Living in Northern Portugal it was a real treat to dine here. Small restaurant tucked away and not the easiest place to find if you don't know it is there. We dined on a Monday night which was very quiet with only one other table occupied. The service was very attentive but unfortunately it took for ages for the food to arrive. Nearly 1 hour. I wonder what the situation would have been if they were busy? However, the food was EXCELLENT and offered a mixture of dishes from different regions. The wine prices are definitely over the top and perhaps should be reviewed. Still worth a visit and FAR SUPERIOR to the other Indian restaurant in the town. When I visit Stowmarket again I will return there.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Went to the Saffron not knowing what to expect, due to the hygiene issues they had earlier in the year. Nevertheless, I went with a friend and was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the lamb bhuna which was *gorgeous*, alongside onion fried rice and garlic naan to share. No qualms with my half of the meal, however my friend wasn't impressed with the korma. She found it very bland (as did I) and lacking any real flavour which was a disappointment. Other than that, it was a lovely meal and I would return.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

The service here is first class and the food is authentic and delicious . There is nothing to dislike about this place .