“Absoulutely terrible!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Came in as a Christmas works meal (there was about 30 of us) we were left standing at the bar when arrived ordering drinks and were queuing out the door, tables were set out poorly as we were unable to conversate. We arrived around 7pm and didn't get our main course till 9.15pm. When the smokers went outside a friend overheard one of the waitresses saying 'shall we lock them out' we ordered around 300 pounds worth of food and drinks and wasn't a rowdy group of people. Half way through the meal a friend commented to one of the waitresses to say how hot it was in the restaurant and asked if she could open a window and the waitress replied 'we have one of the air conditioning units on but the others are buggered' which I thought was very unprofessional. At the end of the meal another friend was on the phone to someone asking them to pick her up at 10.15pm which a waitress then overheard and said to her 'well you will have to go before then as we shut at 10pm' but on the menu it clearly states that it shuts at 11pm. I generally found the staff rude, unprofessional and will not be going back .. would definitely not recommend anyone goes there!! I work in customer service and know the standard that should be expected by the customer. I would be sacked if I spoke to a customer the way they did!!!

2  Thank alannah p

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We visited the restaurant in a rowdy party of 20. The waitresses were patient and accommodating. The food was hot and tasty and all the orders were correct. Good for the money.

1  Thank Frances W
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This was my first visit here for quite a few years. So did not know what to expect. From walking in the door I was made to feel welcome with a cheerful smile and shown to a table. My friend and I chose to eat from the table buffet- what a delight it was being able to choose what we wanted, having it prepared quickly and arriving to table hot and more importantly staying hot till we had finished. Then choosing mains. We were discreetly and politely asked if everything was ok. A new way of having a buffet but one I shall be returning to, to enjoy. Only downside was it was a Tuesday evening and there were only 3 tables of 2 enjoying the food. Incidentally all having the buffet which at £12.99 per person is a bargain. I will be recommending the Authentic to all my friends and plan to return very soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Regularly have a delivery from this restaurant. Have tried the Chinese at Old Newton and Stowupland but Authentic is so much better. Always hot even thoughI live a 15 min drive from Stowmarket. Very tasty and would recommend highly.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I have tried this restaurant out several times over the years i have lived here and was always very disappointed and vowed never to return
However a party of us decided to eat there (so i had no choice) and as there had been a REAL change in management what a nice surprise i had.
We all decided straight away that we would return and booked for about a week later. We had the table buffet and this was again excellent.
Highly recommended